Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{Name it} If you could have one thing from Callaway besides...

I'd be interested in their header/cats and exhaust system for the ZR-1. I'm thinking about eventually upgrading the exhaust, and I like that the Callaway solution is still emissions friendly. I don't believe they still sell this, though. I'd sent them a mail about a week ago inquiring, but hadn't heard back.

Aurora40 said:
I'd be interested in their header/cats and exhaust system for the ZR-1. I'm thinking about eventually upgrading the exhaust, and I like that the Callaway solution is still emissions friendly.

Aurora - that was exactly the solution for maintaining the "blessing" of the fed's with respect to emissions, while getting more power out of the LT5 :cool

It didn't take long for you to start the mods :m :v

Looks like I spoke too soon. Mike Vendetto got back to me, and they still offer the headers, exhaust, flywheel, and even the C.h.i.e.f. package. I haven't started the mods yet, but what can I say... The way the stock exhaust necks down in places, it's got to be restrictive. And who wouldn't want to hear a bit more of that motor revving up? I'm assuming the Callaway will be tastefully louder, and not overwhelming. I'd like to hear a Corsa system on a Z first, though (I think it will be somewhat harder to find a local person with the Callaway exhaust in order to have a listen).

I think one thing about Callaway is that they are somewhere closer to OEM? Not that other companies don't do awesome work too (Lingenfelter's stuff always seems impressive) but just that to my mind some Callaway mods might be less unappealing if I had to sell the car than sort of piecemeal of other company mods. If I keep the car a while, then sometime down the road I'd like to do a 475-type package, and both the Lingenfelter and Callaway ones appeal to me because of their total-motor work, not just upper end stuff (they both take the motors apart, swap some bottom end stuff, blueprint the whole thing, etc). So going with a Callaway exhaust and such doesn't close the door on either, and keeps the door open more for a full-on SuperNatural car. I dunno... :W :beer

I think you are right on target. You can always find shops that do good work, however to keep the level of quality, aesthetics, and value of the car (and its future) there is no other place in my book. Granted the distance is an issue for many (including myself), but if you are going to spend a signifant amount and want to maximize the investment, Callaway is the clear choice.

Best of Luck,

-Luigi
:cool

Aurora40 said:
I'd like to hear a Corsa system on a Z first, though (I think it will be somewhat harder to find a local person with the Callaway exhaust in order to have a listen).

Aurora, I have the Callaway pipes on my SNAT and from what I recall, the sound is close to that (at least through 4-5k rpm's) when compared to a CR1 w/ the same pipes...

It is the center exit exhaust and while I understand the Z makes music to 7k rpm's, you are more than welcome to give a listen to the Callaway exhaust I have to get an idea :cool

If the other exhaust you are considering is anything like their products I saw at the NCM show 2 mos. ago, you will be left with a lot to be desired when it comes to fit& finish - As you said, Callaway IS OEM Quality and engineers for the best in the world - you would not regret their pipes - let me know if you want to check it out sometime - Chris

A 2011 (because I won't ever buy the first or second year) Callaway Camaro :upthumbs. Callaway could engineer some hideaway headlights and an electronically controlled spoiler that can go up/down in/out along with the required aerobody.

Of course, in all honesty, after I get my C8, I'll probably call it a day, and my Callaway and sportscar requirement will be fulfilled. :)

But you never know...:ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom