Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Nascar Star Tony Stewart Kills Driver During Confrontation on Racetrack

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
11stewart1-master675.jpg

The Nascar driver Tony Stewart struck and killed another driver on Saturday night while competing in a dirt track sprint car event at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in Central Square, N.Y.

A graphic video posted on YouTube showed Stewart, a three-time Sprint Cup champion in Nascar, hitting the driver, Kevin Ward Jr., 20, as Ward stood outside his racecar on the track.

Ward and Stewart had bumped cars during an earlier lap, sending Ward’s racecar into an outside wall and prompting a caution flag. Ward then exited his racecar and approached on foot as Stewart’s racecar came around again. As Ward stood on the track and pointed at Stewart, Stewart’s racecar sounded as if it revved its engine then fishtailed, the right tire hitting Ward and dragging him under the car.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/s...driver-during-confrontation-on-racetrack.html

So sad...

Emotions play into racing, the young man should never have came down across the track toward Tony's car...

Emotions play into racing, the young man should never have came down across the track toward Tony's car...

Agreed, but with Tony's rep, the media will have a field day with it. With todays 24/7 media, everyone has to weigh in immediately before all the facts are in.

I was a dirt track official around central Oklahoma for about 15 years and I saw many a driver do what that kid did. I'm only surprised that it hasn't happened more often!

Awful lot of 'could be charged' in that article, nothing to see here, more yahoo hype for page views. And they call race fans yahoos??

LOL, I figured you'd notice which is why I posted it. We're supposed to react, not read; you know that. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom