Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: navgation for 2004

I would think that any of the full size head units would work. Ya might need an adapter sleeve for it so the mounting bolts go back in the right spots. There's a couple videos on youtube of DVD/Nav systems in C5's.

Give Crutchfield a call. They are VERY knowledgeable with what will work and what wont.

Also, check out this link for Crutchfield. I selected 04 Vette, GPS/Nav...and it brought up these head units..

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Car/outfitmycar/car.aspx

Welcome to the CAC!!

Last edited:
I would think that any of the full size head units would work. Ya might need an adapter sleeve for it so the mounting bolts go back in the right spots. There's a couple videos on youtube of DVD/Nav systems in C5's.

Give Crutchfield a call. They are VERY knowledgeable with what will work and what wont.

Also, check out this link for Crutchfield. I selected 04 Vette, GPS/Nav...and it brought up these head units..

Car Selector

Welcome to the CAC!!

There is a fixed head Alpine unit that my local audio guy says he can shoehorn into the OEM radio slot with just a tiny bit of modification and he swears you'd think it was a factory install for around $1300 which includes the radio. No additional amp needed to mate with the Bose speakers. I haven't been able to get the "boss" to approve the upgrade as we haven't paid our 2013 taxes yet. Similar to this one: Alpine INE-W927HD Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

............... nut :D

Hey Nut!

That's a nice looking unit. The adapter I was referring to is the sleeve that the head unit slides in to. I see (in the last 2 pictures) that this one has it included. It's been quite a while since I've bought an aftermarket stereo, I wasn't sure what they all came with now days.

I would agree though, this one would bolt right in and away you'd go! And with out the 'bosses' permission, AWAY, you'd go!! ;LOL

Thanks guys I also found a company that modifies your radio bezel called Double D mods

Ive ordered from Double D in the past. They are good people. Extremely helpful on the phone, got me exactly what I needed, and shipped it same day. I highly recommend them.

Double D

Folks at Double D are great. I bought my iPod adapter from them and had a couple of install questions and they were great help. Nice folks!

Cut out the bezel myself and installed a Kenwood navigation/XM/AM/FM/DVD head unit. Looks factory but hid my antennae in the trunk and now it won't hold a XM signal.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom