Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: navigation and info screen

Can you provide more details? What do you mean by scrambled? Does it happen certain times, or all the time?

At start up the screen is okay. After driving a short distance the screen becomes unreadable (scrambled), sometimes screen goes totally black then back to scrambled. If I lower the screen then bring it up again, it is okay briefly then scrambled again. Doesn't matter what mode the screen is in (navigation or radio etc).

At start up the screen is okay. After driving a short distance the screen becomes unreadable (scrambled), sometimes screen goes totally black then back to scrambled. If I lower the screen then bring it up again, it is okay briefly then scrambled again. Doesn't matter what mode the screen is in (navigation or radio etc).

Definitely make sure you bring it to your local dealer. This is a common issue on the 2014 - 2015 screens. It's either a programming error, or it needs a global reset.

90% of the time, the screens need to be replaced because a global reset will not work. That's something your local dealer will be able to determine. Assuming you haven't exceeded the 3year / 36,000 mile warranty, this should be covered.

screen has gone all scrambled. anyone experienced this? Dealer will bring in outside tech to repair.

I have a 2014 that had the same issues as you described. The dealer had the screen replaced under warranty.
I'm not sure why you think the repair has to be done outside of Chevy unless you purchased from a dealer other than GM.

radio screen went scrambeled

Yes I had the same issue happened sporadically enough times to bring to dealer
they kept it overnight and reprogramed the system so far so good

Had the screen go out on my 2014 in June 2015. The dealer reflashed it and it last one week, then went out again. Tech called GM and described the problem, GM answered if the screen was out during the phone call - he said yes as he was looking right at it. GM then sent a replacement screen, the tech installed under GM warranty. Glad I purchased the extended warranty at time of purchase. This dealer, Bozarth in Lone Tree Colorado, really takes care of its customers - absolutely no hassle. Bozarth is also the sponsor for the Central Colorado Corvette Club and is very involved with our club.

Barret

radio screen went scrambeled

Had the screen go out on my 2014 in June 2015. The dealer reflashed it and it last one week, then went out again. Tech called GM and described the problem, GM answered if the screen was out during the phone call - he said yes as he was looking right at it. GM then sent a replacement screen, the tech installed under GM warranty. Glad I purchased the extended warranty at time of purchase. This dealer, Bozarth in Lone Tree Colorado, really takes care of its customers - absolutely no hassle. Bozarth is also the sponsor for the Central Colorado Corvette Club and is very involved with our club.

Barret

Our dealer here in New York is OK, Didnt buy from them, bought it at St Marys chevrolet in Ohio on line. No issues at all
anyway when I brought the vette for regular maintenance had them check the screen issue, They were checking whether to replace or reflash, It may have been possible
that the screen was working OK at the time, since it only happened sporadically. Well the vette is now in hibernation here in NYC, so we'll just have to wait to the spring LOL

We'll see

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom