Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NCM Ambassador Program

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
NCM Ambassador

A while back, I posted an inquiry in a previous thread in this forum to our members looking for a volunteer to act as an NCM Ambassador. Nobody here stepped up to the plate.

Since my goal here is to increase communication between the members of the Corvette Action Center and the National Corvette Museum - any possible way, I will apply for the position.

For those of you wondering what this position involves, in case you would like to join me, the following information comes directly from the NCM's web site: http://www.corvettemuseum.com/ambassadors/index.shtml

The National Corvette Museum Foundation acts as the steward for the international Corvette enthusiast, by managing, directing and operating the National Corvette museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky, USA. The Foundation was formed in order to construct a world class facility that would showcase the world famous sports car called the Corvette. The Museum was opened on Labor Day weekend in 1994. At that time, the NCM Foundation stated that the Museum belonged to all the Corvette enthusiasts and therefore it was their Museum.

The NCM Foundation is helping fulfill that commitment by establishing a new and exciting program that encourages and facilitates participation from the Corvette Enthusiast community in the future development of the National Corvette Museum.

PURPOSE

The purpose of the Ambassador Program is to provide Corvette clubs/organizations and enthusiasts, a two way communication link to the NCM. This program provides several opportunities to offer support through participation and involvement in the functions of the Museum. The mission statement of the Museum is to preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and future. Corvette clubs/organizations and enthusiasts can play an important role in this mission by providing the NCM and its staff guidance and assistance.

SCOPE

The program is international in scope, and Corvette enthusiasts from throughout the world are invited and encouraged by the Board of Directors and staff of the NCM to participate in this innovative program.

FUNCTION

Each participating Corvette club/organization will nominate/select an "Ambassador" to act as the representative /liaison of that club/organization to the National Corvette Museum. The person selected to be an "Ambassador" will have a distinct interest in the success and future of the Museum.

The Ambassador's mission will be that of receiving and disseminating the most current and correct information from the Museum, and to convey that information to their local Corvette club/organization. The Ambassador will act as a Museum representative to promote and solicit support for the Museum through promotional activities and encourage other Corvette enthusiasts to join the Museum. Additionally, the Ambassador will be the voice of the Corvette club/organization, communicating concerns, ideas and suggestions to the NCM.

From: http://www.corvettemuseum.com/ambassadors/select.shtml

SELECTION

The Corvette club/organization shall submit an application naming its selection of an ambassador to the NCM. The Ambassador must be a current member of the National Corvette Museum. The NCM will process the application and mail the Ambassador their welcome kit. The selected Ambassador will then be the point of contact for the NCM

COMMUNICATION

The National Corvette Museum produces a newsletter for Ambassadors, Ambassadors Review, which will be mailed to each Ambassador when important new information develops at the NCM. This, along with the NCM newsletter, will serve as the information link to Ambassadors. The Corvette clubs/organizations are invited to send their club newsletter to the NCM to be included in the library. Ambassadors are encouraged to contact Stephanie Ferrell at any time for assistance with projects or questions.

AMBASSADOR MEETINGS

Ambassadors are encouraged to attend NCM membership meetings. At least one Ambassador meeting will be held each year in conjunction with our Corvette Celebration each Labor Day Weekend.

Download the Ambassador Application - NCMambassador.pdf

Rob-

Congratulations are in order for your stepping up to the plate. I am a member of the NCM and also the Ambassasor for our club, Corvettes de Olympia in Olympia, WA. The Ambassador program is a great opportunity to get club members and hopefully the members of CAC involved with the NCM.

I believe the NCM has a lot to offer the Corvette community. I like to think of them as sort of a "keeper of the faith" for those of us that care about the Corvette, and its legacy.

I strongly encourage members of the CAC and any other Corvette owner or those who just have a love for our cars to become a member of the Museum. Our support will help the Museum grow.

Congratulations Rob!!

I am very confident that your application will be quickly approved. I know that with your passion for Corvettes, the desire of sharing knowledge, and your involvement, you will do an outstanding job!
:upthumbs :upthumbs

Rob,

I'd like to join you & help out if I can.

Chris

• Admin
barkingowl said:
Rob,

I'd like to join you & help out if I can.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks. I'll let you know. I faxed my application to Stephanie Ferrel last week , but haven't heard anything back yet.

I am surprised at how long this is taking. Certainly Rob is the perfect individual to represent this site!

Sorry, I haven't replied to this thread. I received an email notification a few weeks ago that I was added to the NCM Ambassador email list group and I received a packet of NCM promotional materials in the mail a week ago. I just haven't had a chance to go through it all and start posting here yet.

Great to see you got everything.

Remember folks, we have a lot going on here at the NCM right now. We are preparing for an unreal celebration as well as 10 other events.

It takes a little time to get some of the items prepared, and so on.

I'm hoping to post several announcements for NCM raffles and promotions this weekend. I have the tickets and literature to sell. I just need to get my act together.

I have so damn much going on right now, I'm not sure if I'm coming going, or already came by! LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom