Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NCM Grand Opening/1st Caravan

T

Texan

Might be posting this in the wrong area but didn't know where else to ask. Visited the NCM this past week, saw my brick that I'd received as a gift and happen to remember something I lost several years ago.

Does anybody have or know where I can get a copy of the 1st ever video (VHS) tape of the Caravan to the grand opening in 1994...??? My '62 F/I was the oldest car to go the furthest distance (Seattle). Mine copy of the tape was damaged in a basement flood and really would like to find another that I could copy to DVD. ;shrug

Appreciate any help I could get...

Thanks,
o~\o

I really hope someone comes up with the tape for you. This would be a nice keepsake. Have you tried contacting the Museum just to see if they have copies? Only real problem with that would most likely be the cost.

Have you checked with the NCM staff/store to see if they still have any?

Yeah, I visited with the sales gals there in the T-shirt shop and they hadn't heard of the tape. They did have a DVD there for sale but it was made from a later Caravan. Had the 50th on it...what ever that means.

Really would like to find a copy because the consulting company that put the whole thing together had a representative riding with us. He had me do interviews with local TV/radio stations all the way across.

Another thing that I ask them about and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about was the commemorative coins they sold the day of the grand opening. They were all numbered and sealed on a special card. Well, guess which one I got.... yep, 1962 to go with my '62 F/I car.

Still looking for somebody that has that original VCR tape....;shrug

o~\o

Another possible source is the NCM's Caravan-Chat list server people. Go to http://www.nationalcorvettecaravan.com/ and check out the link at the bottom to sign up for the Caravan-Chat list server. Lot's of people on this list getting ready for the 2009 caravan did the first one also and may have what you are looking for.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom