Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NCRS Questions

andrewc4

Corvette
1994 Polo Green Coupe
What does NCRS charge for judging? Are only member's cars judged? Any ideas when the 94 Specification Guide will be available and when 94's will be eligible for judging?

Andrew......I'm interested in this too ('96 C4 coupe). If you're able, please send me a PM or phone call (901-233-9260) with your outlook on entering your, or my C4 in NCRS or B Gold judging. I can't seem to get a handle on judging specs. and need to hear someone else's take on whether its worth it, or even possible.

Thanks.

You are welcome... and good luck with your ’94!

B17Crew
:w

Boeingdriver,

I'm going the stock route, judging might be in the car's future.

I think it’s worth it, assuming the judging and membership fees are reasonable. I've been told that NCRS membership is $35, an additional $10 for local chapter fees and about $30-$40 for local judging, (this was told to me at the NCRS booth at Barrett-Jackson in West Palm Beach this past weekend, what a collection of older Corvettes !!!).

I'm the second owner of my 94. I don't know EXACTLY what's been changed. For my C4, at 103,000 miles, I don't feel titles/awards are relevant to a resale. On the other hand, if I did get an NCRS rating, I would proudly display it on the window because other than alignments, I do all maintenance, repairs and detailing myself.

NCRS will be able to tell me how far I’ve strayed from the factory original condition. I'll make judgment calls on whether to follow NCRS standards or not. For example, my Flowmaster exhaust, K&N air filter/housing and BBK/Edelbrock throttle body came with the car and together they sound great. I won't change the throttle body or exhaust, but putting on a GM air filter and housing for judging, sure why not? On the other, I've replaced the water pump and brake booster with GM genuine parts. I'm replacing the rotors, pads and tires with parts than are not GM/Goodyear. I'll have two or three sets of brakes during the life of the car. Maybe next time I'm replace them with GM/Goodyear parts. My paint has a very nice glaze, you can read a book in the reflection, but there are a million surface defects visible only at the right angles. I won't have it painted. I prefer originality with patina to new paint.

I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE NCRS STANDARDS ARE. SOMETIMES I'LL FOLLOW THEIR STANDARDS, SOMETIMES I WON'T.

I will not have the car Bloomington judged. The distance to judging is too far, the cost is too much. I can’t justify that expense.

An NCRS local judging is a three hour drive to the Orlando area, and I’m there at least once a year anyway. The cost is reasonable. I'll probably have it judged someday.

But,…

The NCRS manuals for MY 94 and MY 96 are not published yet. Again, at the NCRS booth, I was told that the manual for MY 94 and MY 95 will probably be out in 2010.

In the meantime, my intention is to keep the car mostly stock, or keep the path back to stock an easy path to follow. I plan to order the manual the first day it’s available.

I've been a member of the NCRS since the mid 70's and think it's a MUST JOIN for any serious Corvette enthusiast. The organization has done MUCH MORE for the hobby than most people who are NOT members realize. For instance, the Corvette Museum at Bowling Green for instance was pretty much the brainchild of a handful of NCRS members and without their promotion it may have never happened.

In any case, NCRS is all about originality, preservation and NOT the over-restoration of the cars. The organization encourages driving and enjoyment, and as such cleanliness is not a real significant component of judging.

The publications that the NCRS puts out............ 1 monthly and the other quarterly........... are well worth the membership fee itself, but the organization is so much more. The technical manuals that are available for additional cost above membership fee are also tremendous tools, and it's a shame that other marks don't have similar resources available. I've got other muscle cars also, and it's truly sad by comparison the total lack of printed material to aid in an accurate restoration, and of course the NCRS holds more events nationally than probably all other nationally recognized sanctioned car events combined.

Thanks. Very good news. I've decided to join before my C4 'matures' to NCRS judging age.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom