Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need everyones input on this

T

tacoed

Need everyones imput on this

I lost the 69 deal ....the guy*still my friend* needs cash now and cant / wont trade the 69 for my 77, SO ... my 77 now sits just south of Houston TX,( in the start of a frame off) and the 69 is still under the tree (rotting away). Here is the question do I build the 77 ,or do I put it back togeather and sell it for what I can get for it fast like $5500.00 take the loss and keep searching for a 69 driver/ builder? I have aprox 5 grand saved up for a build up if I can sell the 77 for $5500.00 I could keep looking for a 69 for around 6-10 grand and start a project from that point I am still in the US and wont be leaving for another month.. any Ideas???:confused :

It depends. If you want a chrome bumpered shark or a convertible, you should sell the 77 quick and go looking for a 69. If, however you want a coupe, you could do a hell of a big block in the 77 and also keep things like cruise control, etc. that weren't available on the 69. Also, I've seen some pics of later C3's with chrom bumpers on them. I don't know all of the ramifications but it could be as easy as switching front and rear clips.

Either way you can build one screaming machine.

Russ

Tacoed

It depends on what you have to do to the 77.

If it's driveable and in decent shape, you could sell now for $5500

or:

Take it to Macco (top line paint job 1k)
Detail and clean the interior (you might want to try the dye, makes everything look brand new)

Drive until winter, sell in the spring, who knows, with a new paint job, you just might fetch about 3 - 4k more.

Good Luck

Hey Tacoed, are you still in Houston? If you are, I might be up for some car hunting. I know of a shop that might have a car lying around, but it's been awhile since I visited there. I'll check the locals and see if I can find something out. Let me know and maybe we can meet up and check out some cars or just get together, check out some junk and swap B.S. :L

--Bullitt

Hey man, there is a corvette place in Dade City Florida called Sunshine Corvettes. They have some old Shark Project cars for reasonable prices. Last time I talked with them they had a 69 BB coupe with four speed in primer needed some work for less than $10k. They also had a 70 convertible in parts boxes with a freshly machined small block and all new parts ready to be put together for less than $10.

Try 352-567-4458

We actually bought our 90 Vette off of them many moons ago. They are just good old country boys down there, and will by happy to help you find that dream Rat Machine.

You know though, if I don't find and solve my oil leak quick in my 69, it might be on the market soon....:bash (just kidding....about being on the market soon).

Still in Houston

Yes I am still in Houston, by the way I carry a 45 .. best hand gun ever made, call me old school 45s big blocks and 30.06 deer rifles, a bit of skinnard and some J.D. and coke...

any way, I think I may just drop a 454 in this 77 and build it up.. I have the car a very good body with every option that came in it in 77, a good motor and tranny

BUT I want to get rid of the stock 350 any one want to trade???? for a big block of any year from any car???

You need to be in the south TEXAS area, say Houston, Bay city, Alvin etc.. will I have any problems makeing the swap??

front cross member that type of deal?? the bod is now off the frame, and it's all just hanging out so I have the room to work with .

If your headed east on 610 West, there's a Corvette body shop that's after North Shepard, but before Airline on the feeder road. I think Mancuso Harley-Davidson is across the freeway from it. Anyways, from what I saw outside the gate, there are a few Corvettes that seem to be laying around. Some of these are customer cars, but I also know that this shop will sell a Vette ever so often. I don't remember the name of the place, unfortunately.

--Bullitt

Heah Tacoed there is a guy down in Alvin who buys salvaged/wrecked Vettes and has a 69 sitting there as well or did have month or so ago.He also had a few engines sitting in the garage so you can email him at vetteparts2000@aol.com and ask for William.Tell him Tim sent you!He has newer and later model Vettes there so might be able to head you in the direction you want to go.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom