Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Help - Floor Seat Belt Casing/Cover Removal

DarbyOhara

Corvette
1987 Corvette C4 Silver Coupe/Targa
Ok.. I need help. I am stuck on this one and none of my manuals cover the details of this. I am re-carpeting my front 87 Corvette. It is the seat belt plastic casing on the floor. I see no way to remove it without breaking it. No screws to the visible eye... I try pulling and it's like something inside is connected. I am stuck! Here is a pic or two of the driver's side. Can anyone help? Maybe even a link to pictures if it is difficult. Appreciate any help or advice.

Seat Belt-03 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Seat Belt-02 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Hopefully you can see the pics...

Last edited:
seatbeltanchor.JPG

See where the anchor bolt goes??

See where the anchor bolt goes??

Darn, that bolt is hidden pretty good when it is installed. I thought I checked it over and over not thinking to look on the bottom. It seemed like something inside was holding it and I didn't want to break it.. thanks so much Otter! I really appreciate it. Now it's back to work re-carpeting my front.

This humidity has been so bad that I can only do a few hours of work before I am drenched and overwhelmed with heat. So far I got the seats out, most of the center console. It these little things that hold me up. I was stuck for hours on just the auto-transmission knob. I found a website instruction and it explained how, but getting that retainer ring out was most difficult. I didn't have a special tool and just used a screwdriver. Once I got it out, I slap myself seeing how easy it would have been if I would have known... lol.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom