Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! Need HELP from all C3 (1982) Owners on this one!

mace

Corvette
1982 Collectors Edition
I was going to use my lighter for c.harging my phone.
I plugged in the lighter and it snapped and slightly sparked. I immed. removed it. NOW, all my interior lights dont work, my power door locks dont work, my radio comes on but will not display the channel or time. The cassette player is playing but, no sound. I replaced the 30amp12 circut breaker and ..nope. I am just bummed. why would the lighter effect all of this?. Very sad. Any help would would be apprectiated. I have the service manual on its way but, that could be weeks. Also, the key buzzer on the fuse box wont buzz either. I checked EVERY fuse. I really love my 82CE but, its turning into the money pit. This problem however is really sad. I wont even get started on the switch for the heat/air that got stuck and a small plastic piece managed to fall out. Great!. Please help.....
Thank You

It's all on the one fuse, so you may have missed the blown one.
failing that check that the is 12v on both of the red wires of the starter connection harness, (right hand side of motor there should be a 6 pin plug.) if you don't have 12v on both then it will be a fusible link that's gone.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom