Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need help lowering 74

Pac-man

Corvette
1999 triple black vert.
Hello everyone. My best friend just picked up a 74. The only problem is that it looks like a 4x4. I have lowered classic Chevy's before, but never a Vette. I know I can get lower coils for the front, or even go old school and cut a coil off the front. I have had great success with that technique. The problem is the rear which has been upgraded to a monoleaf. How do I lower the rear? Any companys I could call or any advice would be great. Thank you.

Just installed 550lb springs from vette brake and products. It lowered my front about 3/4 inch. Although much of that depends on what you got under the hood. AC system, big block or small block, etc. You can get the factory replacement springs which will have it sit up a little higher in the front. As for the back, many vendors sell them, you can purchase longer mono spring bolts for the back and back the nut down and that will lower the back 1-2 inches. Check out above mentioned site in the suspension area.

Thanks bro. Are you running a big block or a small block?

Hello everyone. My best friend just picked up a 74. The only problem is that it looks like a 4x4. I have lowered classic Chevy's before, but never a Vette. I know I can get lower coils for the front, or even go old school and cut a coil off the front. I have had great success with that technique. The problem is the rear which has been upgraded to a monoleaf. How do I lower the rear? Any companys I could call or any advice would be great. Thank you.

I lowered my '80 Vette's rear with a set of longer than stock spring bolts from Vette Brakes. Only took about an hour total.

Name: 8" Spring Bolts and Nuts Only, 63-82, 97-05 ID: 32301 Category: C2 Corvettes 1963-67
C3 Corvettes 1968-82
C3 Corvettes 1968-82
C3 Corvettes 1968-82
C5 Corvettes 1997-05
C5 Corvettes 1997-05
C5 Corvettes 1997-05

Manufacturer: Vette Brakes & Products, Inc.

Desc: VBP has custom made longer bolts to offer you extra threads and length for a greater ride height adjustment. Complete spring kit includes: 2 custom length grade 8 bolts, 4 cushions, nylock nuts and washers. Price: $21.99
Vette Brakes & Products, Inc. - Detail

Vette Brakes 550 lb/in front springs and remove and spring rubbers or spacers you find.
Vette Brakes 330 lb/in rear spring w. longer bolts.

That ought to put the trim height just right.

Once you have it at the right height, then have the front and rear suspensions aligned.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom