Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Help, Security Locked

J

jrizz1

I left my keys in my 2000 without starting for 3 weeks while on vacation and the battery went completely dead. I put it on a charger overnight and when I try to start I just get one loud click. I have a "LOC" message on my radio so I know that also needs to be unlocked. I replaced the battery and have power to everything but still only get that one click when I turn the key. I read in the manual that there might be some kind of threat deterent that will disable the starter and fuel pump. I hope this is all that happened. Does anyone know how to reset whatever is locked and know the code to unlock the radio?

Absolutely no idea if this works, pulled it from another web site.

01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”
09. Press 620529 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (star) [IF THE "620529" doesn't work, try 206053, 202107, 106010 or 202108.]
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC

The radio lock has NOTHING to do with your no start issue.

Sounds like you have a battery connection issue. Especially if you had no issues before the battery went dead. Double check that first.

If that looks good then pull your dash DIC codes for us.

Update: Radio unlocked. DIC Codes

AO LDCM
B2282 H
B2284 H
U1064 H

A1 RDCM
B2283 H
B2285 H
B2263 H
B2265 H
U1064 H

BO RFA
U1255 H

Problem solved. It seems the new battery installed was only 40% charged. Now I know, don't think a new battery will be fully charged even if the salesman says it is. I'm just glad I found out before paying for a tow and dealer service to investigate issue and charge battery.

Very typical for new batteries to not be fully charged. Looks like that "salesman" was full of it though.

Delete all those codes so in the future you can know if they come back.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom