Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Need help with ac control on 93

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

Al 58

Corvette
1993 coupe
Had all parts under hood changed over to 134 ac working great for a day until the control in dash went blank the back light works but no display. Took it out sent to place that sent a replacement when I put it in had same problem ...blank. should note it was acting up before not working then working just fine. Anyone have any idea where to go from here.

93 a/c head unit

Had all parts under hood changed over to 134 ac working great for a day until the control in dash went blank the back light works but no display. Took it out sent to place that sent a replacement when I put it in had same problem ...blank. should note it was acting up before not working then working just fine. Anyone have any idea where to go from here.

A Couple things worked for me. 1. Disconnect battery for a few minutes. This will reset the head unit. 2. There is a video on you tube explaining how to remove it from the dash and clean all the contact points and place it back in the dash. I did this very easily. 3. I also have an extra if these two ideas don't work for you. Good luck.

ground problem or
A Couple things worked for me. 1. Disconnect battery for a few minutes. This will reset the head unit. 2. There is a video on you tube explaining how to remove it from the dash and clean all the contact points and place it back in the dash. I did this very easily. 3. I also have an extra if these two ideas don't work for you. Good luck.

Thanks,will try the battery disconnect first I got a rebuilt head unit from a vender in mo. but had same result when I swapped them I found the youtube video later on cleaning the contacts. Just don't know if its a ground problem or power.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom