Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need help with broken piece in steering column

Ajetsprt

Hi,
I pulled my steering wheel tonight to replace it with a restored one and found that the sleeve (located on the steering column) that the contact wire for the horn goes to is broken. The sleeve has a channel in it that the horn wire pushes into and then the wire hooks in place under some pressure from a spring to keep electrical contact. Does any one have any idea where I can get this piece or the proper way to disassemble the column at this point?

It's 1992 C4

photo.jpgphoto2.JPGphoto3.jpgphoto4.JPG

Thanks! It was actually the plastic sleeve located in the steering column that the wire in that picture slides into and locks in place. I was able to use some epoxy and then JB Weld to repair the piece and everything is all back together and working. Thanks for the help

Thanks Vettoz.. Mine doesn't look like that but it could be. Have a great day and thanks again.

Thanks Vettoz.. Mine doesn't look like that but it could be. Have a great day and thanks again.

Vettoz did show you the correct part. You may want to keep it for reference just in case the repair doesn't hold. Glad to hear it is fixed. :)

Thanks LLC5 & Vetteoz! I'm ordering it now just incase this one breaks again. Thanks again for all the help

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom