Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need help with DTC code 32

John-C5

Corvette
2002 Quick Silver Coupe
Last week we took the vette on a little road trip. First day out it was really hot, 90+, and we got stuck in traffic due to some construction. After sitting in traffic for 15 – 20 minuets the service engine light came on. We made a stop at a winery, our mission for the trip, and when we headed out again the light had cleared. This repeated it self a second time and after that the vette ran fine for the rest of the trip. I check the codes last night and found DTC #32 Exhaust Gas Recalculation in history. Anyone seen this before? Where do I start looking for the problem? It couldn’t be something simple like an O2 sensor that I could just replace.
John

Some notes I have kept regarding the EGR valve.

If you reference the shop manual, GM recommends cleaning out the IAC and TB about every 50,000 miles. That's fine for constant Interstate highway driving in a warm climate. Since I drive in a very cold climate in winter, with short trips to the grocery store, the PCV and EGR system will blow a lot of contaminants into the intake manifold.
That sort of buildup on the TB and especially on the IAC will cause poor idle quality and driveability problems, but the MIL will NOT set. You can clean the TB by having someone you trust keeping the accelerator floored - engine OFF - while you spray out the TB valve and the IAC passages.

Inexpensive fixes first!

Robertwav1
I'll check that out. I did it about a year, or maybe 2, ago but haven't looked at it since.
John

John-C4 said:
Robertwav1
I'll check that out. I did it about a year, or maybe 2, ago but haven't looked at it since.
John

I just went through this in my 91 L98. After chasing the problem for about six months I pulled the plenum and checked the EGR valve itself. It was bad and I have replaced it. No more codes. Do a search for code 32 on the top navigation bar and you will find alot of results and answers. Hope you get it resolved.

Randy

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68958&highlight=code+32

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom