Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need help with GM part numbers

P

platato

Hi All!

I need a little help with 1981 Corvette GM part numbers and date codes if applicable. Our car was built in November of 1980 in St. Louis. It is also a California emissions car. I am trying to locate the correct part numbers for ......

Both horns (does the 81 have a separate horn for the alarm?)
Starter
A/C compressor
Radiator hoses
Spark plug wires (how can you tell if they are factory?)
ETR with cassette
ETR with CB

Thanks-A-Bunch

Michael & Katherine

P.S. Is there a book out there that gets very detailed about part numbers?

:CAC

'original part numbers'

These are the ORIGINAL GM numbers for the items above.
I have no info on date codes.

horn A note- 1892164
horn C note- 1892246
starter- 1109068 new (stamped 1109065) auto trans.
1988603 rebuilt auto trans.
1109067 new (manual trans.)
1977070 rebuilt (manual trans.)
A.C.comp 12300273
upper hose 14016075
lower hose 379933
GM spark plug wires were not sold in a set in 1981,they were sold indivdually.
#1 12036915
#2-#3 12036917
#4 12036914
#5-#6 12002104
#7-#8 12036908
ETR with cassette UM6 16022820
ETR with CB & cassette UN5 16012510

there you go.....Dave

Burglar comes to the rescue again!!

Thanks Dave you have helped me greatly! I just have a couple more questions

1. Are the part numbers for the horns actually stamped on the horns? Do you have any idea where I can get them.

2. What is the difference between starter 1109068 & 1109065? My Vette is an auto trans. I am looking for exactly what was stamped on the original starter that came with the car

3. Do you have any idea where I might find a NOS or otherwise very nice faceplate, wiring, splitter or Triband antenae for a ETR with CB?

4. Do you have any idea where I might find some NOS/reproduction plug wires?

5. Do you have any idea where I might find the pamphlets which originally came with the owners manual?

As always I look forward to hearing from you. Did you ever get back to my post "1981 Documentation"? Please check it out and let me know what you think. If you can add to the list please let me know. Your the best!

Platato

:beer

Damn! Burglar must have all the data...

You might just want to get a spool of Packard Electric 7mm suppression wire and make your own set. Boots and clips are also available.

On a side note, for that RPO "UN5" ETR Radio/Cassette/CB, does anyone know of a repair service for those? Or where I can find schematics for both units? Sam's doesn't have them (and I don't mean the retail warehouse club).

Hi Vader!

Here is a place I know that specializes in Delco audio. They can both repair the radios and sell you replacement parts such as CB mics, antenaes, wiring etc.

K & B Special Products Inc.
5175 Overbend Trail
Suwanee, GA 30024
770-932-0867
www.kbsproducts.com

Ask for Ken Anderson, tell him Mike & Kathy Perkins sent you!

platato-
1. No.Just the letter A and or C. New replacements from AC-Delco have different electrical connectors,so they don't match the originals. For used horns or for that matter any used (original) parts I usually deal with http://www.contemporarycorvette.com/
as far as new exact replicas, you may have to contact an NCRS member (John Z on this site) since it sounds as if you are going to have this car professionally judged.
2. no difference. 1109068 was the number you have ordered out of the parts catalog.
it would have had 1109065 stamped on it.
3. Carlisle Corvette Flea Market next month?
4. Same answer as above
If you have never had the pleasure of attending the show in Carlisle,I would make plans to do it some time in your life. It is unbelievable.

Take care.......Dave

Thank You Sir!

Hi Burglar!

I contacted Contemporary Corvettes and they had me fixed up in no time. They even had a couple trinkets I would have bet no one had. They were very friendly as well. Yes, we are trying to keep the car correct. We will probably do a few misc changes for now that we can change back later. We wish we could attend Carllisle but that may be a few years due to the distance. We are currently trying to get ready for Mid America's Funfest in September and hope to be all done by Bloomington Gold next year. If there is anyone going to Carlisle and would be willing to pick these pamphlets up for us we would be forever greatful. Let us know if you are willing to look.

Thanks for the great info & STW!

Michael & Kathy
:BOW

platato - I'm glad Contemporary got you fixed up. They are very reliable. Even though I'm only 10 miles from Carlisle,I will not be going this year or I would be more than happy and willing to look for your litature.

Take care...Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom