Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Help with Part ID !!

91-Vetteman

Corvette
1991 Blue Coupe
OK, finished my winter project, cleaning up the garage, boxing up original used parts to save in the attic and determining what can be chucked. I found this one part that I am not sure where it goes?? I did pull the AC compressor and supporting hardware. I think it might be a bracket for that setup, but not sure.

I would appreciate your help on this !! Does it go in the attic or back on the engine somewhere ??

John after looking at some of my engine pics, It looks like it is a bracket that supports another bracket that attaches to the back side of the a/c comp. and on the intake manifold...
Sharp looking engine...BTW

I think it goes from the A/C compressor to the manifold. You can just barely see it in the left of this pic of my 78'.

Brackettomanifold.jpg

I think it goes from the A/C compressor to the manifold. You can just barely see it in the left of this pic of my 78'.

Brackettomanifold.jpg

Yes and he needs to put it back in,Or he will have problems over time with keeping belts!!! Not being there will allow to much vibration and ware belts and break brackets!! Been there,Done that!!:upthumbs

That looks like the AC support that bolts up UNDER the compressor. Other end bolts to the motor near the fuel pump. It doesn't have the 90+ bend at the one end like the upper support in duke's pic.

That looks like the AC support that bolts up UNDER the compressor. Other end bolts to the motor near the fuel pump. It doesn't have the 90+ bend at the one end like the upper support in duke's pic.
Yeah your right!!:chuckleWell it still needs to be there!!!:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom