Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Help

navy2kcoupe

Corvette
2000 Navy Blue Coupe A4 Z51
finding a part number or name. The trim piece on the inside of the non-removeable part of the roof behind/above the driver is attached by several fasteners. Mine is missing 2 and I need to replace them. Anybody have a name for these things, or better yet a part number? Gotta get them replaced before that trim piece winds up on the cargo mat. Thanks,
Andy :w

finding a part number or name. The trim piece on the inside of the non-removeable part of the roof behind/above the driver is attached by several fasteners. Mine is missing 2 and I need to replace them. Anybody have a name for these things, or better yet a part number? Gotta get them replaced before that trim piece winds up on the cargo mat. Thanks,
The little round plastic push In's or the metal clips????:upthumbs

The little round plastic push In's or the metal clips????:upthumbs
WHOA.......see, that's why I LOVE this place! It's the little push-in's that I'm missing, but it sounds like they push into clips. Is that right??? I never even bothered to lookie-see if there was anything else missing. If the pins go into the clips, then I'm gonna hafta get both to be on the safe side. The car's 1200 miles away and I need to get everything so I can fix it the next time I'm in Florida.
Thanks gmjunkie!

WHOA.......see, that's why I LOVE this place! It's the little push-in's that I'm missing, but it sounds like they push into clips. Is that right??? I never even bothered to lookie-see if there was anything else missing. If the pins go into the clips, then I'm gonna hafta get both to be on the safe side. The car's 1200 miles away and I need to get everything so I can fix it the next time I'm in Florida.
Thanks gmjunkie!
No,the little ones just push in to fiberglass and hold there self!!! I get mine at a paint and body shop supply house!! There is several in Florida probly every Major town!! The metal ones are under the panel and clip in a rectangular hole!! Even a Automotive Upholstery shop will probly have them,along with most Larger GM dealers body shops!!:upthumbs

SWEET! Thanks "junk", I'll check it out.
Andy

1 question,are you my Dad???;LOL ;LOL ;LOL :rotfl
My dads name is C.W."Andy"Anderson !!!:upthumbs :boogie :boogie
Close, but no cigar! Mine's W.B. "Andy" Anderson. I woulda been all of 8 years old when you were born! :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Why don't you just take one of the missing pins to the GM dealer and get an original OEM replacement? Wouldn't even have to be Chevy and things like that are usually used throughout the fleet.

:D

Actually some of the local auto "general stores" sell these something like 6 to a bag for a few bucks or your local body shop may just toss you a few for good will.
It sounds like you are describing those generic fastners, just check the hole size.

Why don't you just take one of the missing pins to the GM dealer and get an original OEM replacement? Wouldn't even have to be Chevy and things like that are usually used throughout the fleet.

:D

Actually some of the local auto "general stores" sell these something like 6 to a bag for a few bucks or your local body shop may just toss you a few for good will.
It sounds like you are describing those generic fastners, just check the hole size.
There used on about everything somewhere!!! Thats why I told him to go to a Upholstery Shop,Paint and Body shop Supply,or a GM Body Shop,if you go to the Parts Counter they will order you 10 and charge you about $2.00 a piece!!! I just went through a deal with the little Torqx screws and wheel opening hex heads that holds the front fender on a C5, I just needed 5 of each but I had to order 10 each,I guess I should have ask the price,them Little Bastards were $3.25 a piece!!!:boogie :boogie :boogie :upthumbs

Damned, I winged a joke by GM .... rare moment with that ol' bird! :rotfl

Junk ... "Take one of the missing pins" ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Busy boy! But that's North Carolina for you! ;LOL
Actually Jim,I call NE Missouri Home!!! But the real Truth is I was Born in Idaho!!!:boogie :boogie :boogie

Does anybody know a part number or name of the trim piece itself? I need a new one.

Does anybody know a part number or name of the trim piece itself? I need a new one.

Roof,Panel Rear Trim 97-02 Pt #10406506 it's a little less than $100. :upthumbs

Be glad it's not a 03-04 that one is about $350.:boogie

:upthumbs :D

Roof,Panel Rear Trim 97-02 Pt #10406506 it's a little less than $100. :upthumbs

Be glad it's not a 03-04 that one is about $350.:boogie
:upthumbs :D

Thanks!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom