Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Info On 95 ZR-1 #326

SPEEDEMON

Corvette
Ex 1995 ZR-1 Aqua/Blk #389, 2010 ZR1 JSB/Blk #1549
Hello Everyone

Does anyone have any knowledge or information on a 1995 ZR-1 #326? On the 95-production list I made earlier this year, it shows that this car is an Aqua/Gray color combo. It was listed on E-Bay last week as an Admiral Blue/Gray combo. I ran the VIN through GM again to verify my accuracy to make sure my information was accurate. It was again listed as a 43U color code, which is Bright Aqua. It would of been hard to make a mistake on this since I have to input each VIN number at a time and take the information one car at a time. It’s not like I can pull up a complete list with several cars on the screen. I’m very curious on this to find out how accurate this info is and I’m wondering if anyone here has any information pertaining to this car and the history on it. Any info would be appreciated.

Here is a link to the auction earlier this week:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874728742

Thanks

Art, I wish I could help ya out on this one but I don't know if I can provide you with any info. I'll try to look into it as far as I can though.

Jay

Jay

There’s something fishy about this car some how. It isn’t what GM says it has. Either it has been repainted from Bright Aqua to Admiral Blue or GM missed built the car according to the build sheet. It just makes me wonder how accurate this info is that I have been spending so much time on. As soon as I find out I’ll let you all know.

Art,

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to contact the seller on EBAY?

Rob

They won’t respond to the questions that were e-mailed from other people. Several people have e-mailed them earlier in the week during the auction and they got nothing. Somebody e-mailed me earlier this week and asked me how accurate was the list I made. All the data I got was from GM direct. Now surely GM hasn’t miss built this car or have they? This deal here is a little fishy I feel.

Well this morning I got an e-mail from Ted Dempsey, and this is the result of it:

(Got an answer on this car. Good news--Art's right. Bad news (for Art at least), there's still only 12 factory Admiral Blue 95s.

Dear Ted,
The car was completely painted upon brand new purchase. We preferred to have the stock corvette ZR1 admiralty blue color. The job was impeccable according to our ZR1 corvette dealer mechanic who stated that it was almost impossible to tell.

At least there was an answer. I think they might have gone away for the holidays.)

I’m glad we found out the mystery on this car. It wasn’t about the matter of the number of cars that was in Admiral Blue or Aqua. It was the creditability of my info I’m supplying on my 2 lists that I spent so much time through out this year. If the info was inaccurate, then all this time I spent doing these list for the ZR-1 community would be worthless. But I’m really glad that I can say that the time I spent on these list were pretty accurate information that I’m supplying to you guys out there.

On other hand about this car I hate to say. What the hell was the owner thinking when they were buying a brand new 95 ZR-1 and changing the color on this car. With the change in color the owners hurt the value in this car, in GM didn’t build this car, which they didn’t think about. But who’s to say, it isn’t my car to worry about. The only thing I cared on this situation was when you (Ted) contacted me and asked me about the info that I had out on this car, which my list showed it as an Aqua car and the actual car was Admiral Blue and that brought up the concern on my part.

Well thanks Ted for confirming the info on this car for me, for now that I know, GM or I didn’t make a mistake of this info that we have out there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom