Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Need new exhuast on a BUDGET!

W

wrenchmantee

I got a 93' LT1.. I want to know where is the best place to buy a name brand cat-back exhaust at a good price.

I'd recommend a Magnaflow system...you can't beat the look/sound for the price. They only make one system for the LT1/4 cars, it is part # 15623. For the absolute best price go to www.performancepeddler.com You can get it for less than $330 shipped but YOU MUST CALL THEM TO GET THAT PRICE. Tell them you are a forum member & they'll give you the forum discount.

Jeff :beer

Thanks, The add says cat back but only shows mufflers w/ tips ?

Thanks, The add says cat back but only shows mufflers w/ tips ?

Magnaflow found that there is ZERO benefit in replacing the entire system back to the mufflers on a LT1/4, therefore their system is a mufflers only w/ about 2' of pipe to attach to the old pipe. The stock system is 2.75", and flows very well, so why would you want to replace it w/ let's say a Corsa which is only 2.5"?

Your right! The original system is pretty free flowing...I thought maybe a better X-pipe would be in a kit with SS mufflers. And I'm not too crazy about the twin outlets on each side...gives it a firebirdish look..I like the single out, either rect,or round.

Ecklers or MAD I believe sell a Magnaflow setup that uses the stock tip style but, other than that, all of the aftermarket systems for LTx cars use the the dual tip design....ie, Corsa, B&B, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Borla etc...

If that look is not for you, you may be better off just cutting off the stock mufflers and have the tips welded to straight pipe/s....(muffler elims). Nice sound, and the cheapest exhaust mod you can do...

The answear I came up with was to have the resonator removed and straight pieces put in place of it. It cost me $80.00 to have a muffler shop do this. I could not see any advantage to putting a crossover in the resonators place.

I put Flowmasters on mine and the sound was very good (deep exhaust note). I forget what I paid but they were inexpensive. I got the Classic Corvette with stainless steel tips. They make other models that have a lot louder sound but I really like the classics.

corvette central makes a sweet chambered muffler i modified the 2.75" set to work with my 2.5" borla rear y section. nice agressive sound. if you like that kinda thing. mine actuall sounds like a real car now

Corvette Central sells a cat back system for the LT1/4 that include the pipes that bolt to the cats that eliminate the stock resonator and comes with Mangnaflow muffs for $429.00

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom