Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

need photos of rear brake lines and flex hose routings

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
If anyone has some photos of their rear brake lines and braided stainless steel hose routings for a C1 (preferably) or a C2, can you share with me? If you have a 4 link set up that would be the best.....I am struggling with a couple of different routing and mounting options and I don't like either of them right now, so I am hoping that someone has a set up that looks and works real good that I could get some ideas from.....HELP!!!!!

thanks, Herb

Herb

I dont have photos for you, I would think you should run the line in the original position to the rear.

Then use a soft line to go from the hard line on the frame to a tee on the rear axle. then from the tee run hard lines to the rear calipers .

When I was done with my 62 I had a leak on one of my hard lines tee's and of course it was nearly impossible to re-do with the body on. try and runs your lines so they are protected,but so you could service them with the body on.

Best of luck with it.

I chose steel lines and clear coated them over stainless steel as I never had luck double flaring the stainless steel

IH2LOSE said:
I chose steel lines and clear coated them over stainless steel as I never had luck double flaring the stainless steel
Larry, can you clarify your statement for me....I am a little confused.....did you have steel lines that you painted stainless steel silver and then clear coated them? Is that right?

Also, still need some photos....because of the 4 link I need to make sure that I clear the area and that I run the lines similar to how they were run before...I didn't take any photos of the detail in the area....uh oh!!!!!!

Herb

anyone else with some photos?????? the more the merrier....

attachment.php
I'm not sure if this helps but I'm attempting to attach a picture of the chassis I'm restoring that shows some, but not much, of the brake detail :) .

lexterrae said:
attachment.php
I'm not sure if this helps but I'm attempting to attach a picture of the chassis I'm restoring that shows some, but not much, of the brake detail :) .
that helps.....thanks.....I am not planning on running the tube across the axle housing, but seeing where it drops down and it does help....I was looking at some hot rod builders sites and they have some photos as well...anyone else have some photos?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom