Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need sidepipe cover measurement info

M&W's72vette

Corvette
Idaho's only twin turbo big block 72 vette
HI, I am building a twin turbo setup on my 72 big block and I wondered if someone could tell me how far out from the body the sidepipe covers measure? I am running 3 inch sidepipes off the turbos and I am hoping I could buy the fiberglass factory looking covers to use over them. The measurement from the body flange where the stock rocker cover fastens to, to the outside of the pipe is 3 and 3/4 inches. Taking a straight edge out from the sill on the body and measuring down to the cover, what does that measure? FYI I mounted the turbos behind the front tires on each side using short headers and a 3 inch pipe running under the frame and back up into the space between the inner fender and the firewall.

Thanks,
Mike

M&W's72vette said:
HI, I am building a twin turbo setup on my 72 big block and I wondered if someone could tell me how far out from the body the sidepipe covers measure? I am running 3 inch sidepipes off the turbos and I am hoping I could buy the fiberglass factory looking covers to use over them. The measurement from the body flange where the stock rocker cover fastens to, to the outside of the pipe is 3 and 3/4 inches. Taking a straight edge out from the sill on the body and measuring down to the cover, what does that measure? FYI I mounted the turbos behind the front tires on each side using short headers and a 3 inch pipe running under the frame and back up into the space between the inner fender and the firewall.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Sorry I don't know the measurement that you are looking for........I just wanted to tell you that that sounds like a very cool project.

Post some pics of your project so that we can all enjoy it with you.
What brand of turbos are you using?
What type of engine mods?

Sounds very cool:D

Take care,
Brian

If you could show me a pix, I'll go and measure the dimension you need. I have a '71 that's always had sidepipes.

Pics...

Ok hope these will work

oops

Ok here it is

Mine measure about 3.75" from the body. But that's at the farthest point. They're flat at the to then curve like a "C" almost. Mine are '69 factory.

Pics

A few more

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom