Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need used frame in good condition

69InBoxes

I just bought a 69 427/390 4 speed in boxes. Everything that came with the car is usable, except for the frame. I'm not up for spending $3600 plus shipping for a frame. Does anyone know where I could get a 69-74 frame in usable condition?

There is a local guy here that has them all the time. I don't know if it could be shipped to you.

Wade (904) 269-0600

Good luck on your quest.

Do you have any pictures you can share?

69InBoxes,

You could try Stevens Automotive in Beloit, Wisconsin. They run a used Corvette parts business and have a lot of parts cars. The owner is Jim Stevens and the telephone number is 608-365-7116. They've treated me very good when I needed used parts.

Recently there was someone in Blue Mounds, Wisconsin who had a bunch of Corvette frames for sale on Ebay at cheap prices. I don't remember the e-mail address but Blue Mounds is a small town fairly close to Madison and if you call the Chamber of Commerce or perhaps any gas station they'd probably be able to give you a telephone number. From their Ebay listing it looked like they had a whole salvage yard full of Corvette frames and body sections.

Good Luck,

Eugene

Thanks for your replies. I found a couple frames here in Minnesota that I'm going to check out. I have relatives around the Blue Mound, WI area too, so I'll have them check into the frames around there. I'm attaching pictures of the car before the previous owner started the restoration.

frame

I saw a frame today(74). My mech. has a couple here in Tyler TX. E-mail if I can help, if you can't find anything in Minn. FC.

69InBoxes,

Good Luck on your reassembly project.

If you get the telephone number of the salvage yard in Blue Mound please send it to me. I'm running hot and cold on converting my T-Top into a convertible and they might have a donor car.

Eugene

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom