Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

need your opinions on aircleaner

I asked on the Eastwood Forums about high gloss clear powder coat on polished aluminum and was told that you get a slight reduction in shine. About the same as what it would look like two weeks after you polished it but it looks nice without any extra care.

I also asked about satin clear powder coating unpolished parts like intakes. Nobody had tried that yet.

Tom

I'd like to know what or how "March" does there pecies. Mine look excellent after almost 2 years. They do say that they are powder coated in there adds. Go figure..??

Mark

The raw aluminum from billet is just spectacular wright after its been polished.(or when you get it out of the box) Its unbelievable. I don't know how to describe it ,except it sparkles like a diamond.

My March stuff is shiny and clean but it just doesn't sparkle like the freshly polished Billet stuff.

Mark

The raw aluminum from billet is just spectacular wright after its been polished.(or when you get it out of the box) Its unbelievable. I don't know how to describe it ,except it sparkles like a diamond.

My March stuff is shiny and clean but it just doesn't sparkle like the freshly polished Billet stuff.

Yeah Larry I agree..There's nothing like freshly polished billet. I had a Set of Fiske FM 5 Billet wheels on my 86 Vette. After you polished them they looked fantastic.
But ..as you say..the March pulleys are close but no cigar. But still they look good.:beer

Sorry but that oval air cleaner has FORD written all over it. Reminds me of a CJ.

Gotta go with the tripower top.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't mind the CJ look... on a Ford... but you're driving a Vette and the triangle screams "Big Block Below!!"

-Mac

Hi Larry
The oval does make Ford come to mind right away, but I had even wondered about 3 seperate air cleaners.??....may not be room though
I have got the old rod look on my brain right now, so that may be clouding my judgement
I would want something to show off the 3 carbs........very nice looking set up you have
Tom

Thank you every one for the suggestions

Oval its going to be .

I have switching them back and fourth,But I think the billet shine is what makes me like the oval more.

I had always planned for the triangle but it just did not fit in.

Thanks again

As for 3 separate air cleaners for sure that would of been a better look but in order to fit over the carb opening it would lay over the other carb

Thanks again everyone I appreciate your time

Of those, The oval. Not the C-2/3 air cleaner...... looks wrong on an older Hot Rod. Actually, 3 small round units would look the best IMO (more like the Hot Rods of the day?).

Last picture I promise (for now)

This is the set up with an 1 1/2" air filter element.

I have to repair the underside of the hood because I had to trim it,I also have to find a thinner insulation for the hood liner. (The wifes esculade has a real thin 1/8" molded insualation I would take it but its too small and she reconize its gone first time she check the oil)

image.jpg

Now I am satisfied,

But Its sure looks like a ford side oiler dont it.

Thanks again every one

I do have a question though on my radiator hose ,if you look at the above photo, You can see that the high point of the cooling system happens to be that radiator hose. I am not having a problem with cooling (but its not hot out eather) The high point of my system used to be my exspantion tank.

Will I have a problem with it being air bound?

I had planned on cutting off the exstention I welded onto the thermostat housing then sectioning it ,then welding it back on with a 37 degree angle and then installing an air purge ,I am now wondering if I need to do that?

Hello Larry
I will have the similar problem with the rad hose. Moroso and I think Summit sell thermostat housings with a rad cap on it
I think without it, I would have problems

(The wifes esculade has a real thin 1/8" molded insualation I would take it but its too small and she reconize its gone first time she check the oil)

Your wife checks the oil? Mine never even opens the hood...

Sorry but that oval air cleaner has FORD written all over it. Reminds me of a CJ.

Gotta go with the tripower top.

I vote for the Triangle,kinda goes w/ tripower..But I'm partial to that look and dont think I'd change mine for anything..
I'm sure you'll make either look awsome..Jim

I don't know what happened to the "I agree" smiley, but I agree with these guys. But then, I'm kinda partial to the tri-power air cleaner, also.

Jeez, Kid, the "FORD" comment seems kinda harsh....accurate and it made me laugh...but harsh? lol

ME giving a harsh comment????

Geez, and I thought that I was in touch with my feminine side. :)

...actually, one of the options when i started looking for my first car was a GT500KR and actually found a bit of a project car locally but gave in to my first choice....interestingly enough, my neighbor at the time had a mint GT350 (blue and white) and i never even gave it a second look, actually asked him to STOP parking it on my grass...POS

....Larry's car is gorgeous, it obviously demonstrates the care that he puts into his work and i wish i had him around to do my HVAC work at home BUT it looks like a CJ to me

...i even wore a pink shirt to work today

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom