Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New 2004 Z06 with defective fuel pump and fuel line

H

herbman

New 2004 Z06 with defective fuel pump and damaged fuel line

Hi folks I just bought a new black on black 2004 z06 last saturday 10-18 on tuesday 10-21 with 98 mi on the car it died on me in traffic.

After 1hr and 45 mins of waiting it was towed in to the dealer they told me it was a defective fuel pump. Now today friday im hearing that part of the fuel line was pinched which came from the factory.

The fuel tank and transmission has been pulled and laying in pile over the weekend till somemore parts come in monday.

I feel pretty sick right now I saved my money for years and paid cash for this ride now i feel like I am getting the shaft. This is my dream car and it being raped right now. What would you guys do if you were in my situation. Should I demand another car, get my money back or just chill out and accept the repair?

thanks for reading

herbman,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

We've all had those experiences where a product we bought was defective and cars are no exceptions. It must be incredibly frustrating, especially on a brand new Z06.

I don't really imagine that you've put many miles on the car or have beat it up. So why not ask for another car instead of a repaired car? It doesn't hurt to ask and you'll never know unless you ask.

You paid for the car and you want to drive it now, not after it's been repaired. At least that's what I would be thinking.

Chill out, as you put it,
Yes looking at your cars innards laying on the floor can be quite disheartening. But, that's what warranties are for.
Let the dealer complete the necessary repairs, and if done correctly you should have many happy Z miles to look forward to.
If they miss something, or even the remote possibility that one or more of the replaced components does fail again, it's still under warranty. By the way, I "THINK" the number of days that the vehicle is actually at the dealer and you cannot use it, is added to the back side of the 3 year warranty on a "per day" basis. Plus, many Genuine GM parts have a lifetime warranty when purchased and installed by an authorized GM dealer.
But you would have to ask that question to somebody more in the know than I am, just make certain that it is somebody authorized to say Yes or No.

vettepilot

I sent a strong letter to the dealership and filed a complaint with chevy. I will keep you posted as to what happens.

thanks

I had the same problem

I know ow you feel. This is what happened to me. I purchased a 2004 cp. Left the dealership with a empty fuel tank. They gave me a fuel voucher to fill the tank. Went to the station and filled the tank. The guage was on full. drove it a little that night. guage went to empty. Stopped at the gas station put $3 of gas in and it went to full. drove it the next day guage went back to empty. Went back to dealer. They said the fuel sensor was bad in one of the tanks. They over nighted the part. Went back the next day. They put the new sensor in but the broke the fuel line clips. kept my car and ordered the fuel line but had a hard time locating fuel lines. Took them 4 days to get fuel lines. got fuel lines in and put everything back together. Run a test and said it was not the sensors but the fuel moduels are bad in the tanks. Tore the tanks out again and ordered the parts. Took 3 or 4 more days to get parts. Got the parts. Put new fuel pumps in. Went to get car but they said mechanic chipped your drivers door on the bottom with the lift. took my car to their body shop and painted door. Had it for 4 days. finally got my car back and had no problems since. During this time I filed a complaint with dealer and Chevrolet. Chevrolet had a customer service manager calling me every other day to please me but would do nothing for me. Dealer never returned any of my calls. i was down at dealer every other day. Got to a point they had 3 managers follow me in dealership because I caused some sh_t with them. Forget about chevrolet pleasing you they will call you but do nothing. I tried to get a little extra warranty out of them but they would do nothing. Out of the first 2 weeks i had my new car they had it 12 days. Lots of luck!!:hb

03 Fuel Pump

I too just bought my vett last friday october 17 drove it over the weekend and put 140 miles on it the the check engine light came on took it to the dealer on tuesday morning said it was a bad fuel pump keep it until friday afternoon got it back and is doing fine. I had a 98 C5 before this one, had fuel problems on it also. You wold think they would get a better supplier of fuel products by now.:puke :puke

I'm sure your annoyed as its a new car but I'd suggest that you chill out and relax...

Be polite and positive with the dealership and the techs if you can..I believe it helps ..JMO

I'm sure it will be ok and you'll have your car back soon enough and everything will be fine.

Get ready to once again enjoy your car..

JB

Update got my ride back after 10 days took it for a ride all is good

Thanks for your advice and experiences

:D Good Luck and Enjoy your new ride!!! :D

;) If you don't belong to a Corvette Club... look up the NCCC club in your area. They will offer some driving events such as Auto-cross and high speed solo on a road course! That's where the Z06's really SHINE !!!

Herbman, glad they got your ride fixed but all the news on fuel problems on 04's scare the heck out of me. just ordered a 04 Z and all i keep hearing is stories like yours. please keep us all updated on how your beast is running. i will keep my fingers crossed for you that they found your problem and you never see the service dept. again, Jack.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom