Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new address of website tech articles page

Corvette
1965 Coupe L76 / 1978 L82
Hi all

many of you take advantage of the tech files I have posted on my website. Because of some technical issues and speed reasons I finally decided to move the site off my own computer onto a real website hosting provider server.

The address of the tech page on my website is now:

http://lbfun.com/Corvette/Tech/vettetech.html

I know the site was down for the last few weeks but most of it is now uploaded to the new server so most of the site should be working OK including the tech page.

Barry,

just clicked on the link, using Firefox inside Linux and page loaded VERY fast!

Barry, I just visited your site!

I am using Firefox. Loaded super fast.

Only thing I noticed: when I went to the 78 paint tabs, they were doubling. Hard to read. I am sure it is just a small glitch.

The whole site looks great. I was moving around pretty fast!

SAVE THE :w

Rick
yep, it being off my own computer and being limited to my comcast upload speeds (slow!) it should be MUCH faster now.

lt4man
do you mean the link names on the right sidebar?
I've noticed that most Windows PC's tend to use a different font style and size as standard than Mac's (I use all Macs). If the font size is too large it can cause the link tiotle to start to wrap to a new line and than it is hard to read
Can you try decreasing your browser font size and see if that makes a difference?

lt4man
do you mean the link names on the right sidebar?
I've noticed that most Windows PC's tend to use a different font style and size as standard than Mac's (I use all Macs). If the font size is too large it can cause the link tiotle to start to wrap to a new line and than it is hard to read
Can you try decreasing your browser font size and see if that makes a difference?

If you go to 78 Vette, then to Paint, only the first "Paint Job" is clear. The others below the first are all doubled. That is the ONLY glitch. Everything else is crystal clear!

Gregory

lt4
I'm not sure why.
I'll check it when I get to work today on the computer there and see if I can see it because I don't see it here on my system

Greg
Ok, I'm at work and now seeing what you mean - it's the links test running out of room and wrapping to the next line with is already being used by the next link.
i'll have to go back and rename those pages with shorter names to eliminate the problem.
It doesn't show up as a problem on my Macs at home so thanks for making me aware of the problem.

As I'm learning to build websites this is something that I'm discovering is a problem at times - pages can display differently on the different platforms and I don't own a Windows based PC at home to check things likethis.
Actually, my feelings are it everyones elses fault for not owning a Mac! If you did t would display properly like it does on mine...... ;LOL

Yep, this can be a real pain (though your site looks fine on the wintel and linux boxes I have checked with). If it becomes a problem for you, it can probably resolved via careful application of x-platform CSS. Here is an excellent reference to get you started.

:beer

Mr Lucky

thanks for the link. I'll look it over more carefully when I get home from work - I could only glance it over now but it looks to be handy to see the differences in font sizes, spacing, etc between the platforms and browsers.

geez, trying to make something display correctly with all the various systems, browsers, etc is ridiculous!

I know NOTHING about CSS coding but at least maybe I can try to use the info to choose a limit on the amount of text characters I can use when naming the link buttons, etc so wrapping won't happen

Boy, am I relieved! :L I thought I was really seeing DOUBLE! ;LOL

What a relief to know my eyes are still OK! :D

Your pics are excellent, Barry. I realize all the hard work you have put into your Vettes. Also with your website. I think we all take a lot for granted when we are surfing.

Hi Barry,

Thanks for publishing all that info and hosting your website. It's a great service to all members of CAC.

I have the Service and Overhall manuals, Parts & Accessories, Chilton, AIMs, and 2 mechanics that used to work for Yenko, but I've found you still need info that you can only get from another Corvette owner who has busted his/her knuckles and broke a few parts along the way (I know from experience).

The articles you've posted are great.

Thank you,

BTXpress

Thanks Barry, glad to be onboard.

BTXpress

Barry

I was justed "playing" on your site and find it hard to express how useful it was to me. The site helped with a number of troubleshooting problems I've encountered with my "new" '65. Being a returnee to vettes after 25 years of playing with LBCs I need all the help I can find. BTW everything loaded quickly and perfectly. I'm using Firefox for what it's worth. Thanks again.

Joe C.
'65 Coupe #119127

Joe

welcome to CAC
I'm glad you found the site useful.
Feel free to visit as often as you wish and make use of as many of the tech articles or other useful links as you need, that's why I put them there and posted the address of the site. This way everyone can benefit.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom