Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New battery

George Mc farland

Corvette
2004 commerative conv
I went to to take my baby of for a ride the otherday turned the key and zipo dead battery. Which is not that uncommin when the temperture is 100- 114.
i checked corvette action centwer for batteries. I settled on a Sears platium glass mat 4 yrs no pro rate 100 month wrant. the only draw back that I see is it's 20 lb's more then oem. My son used to work for a battery manufactuer and said that they're made by a good battery co. I also also ordered a battery mat from DCCARECARE.COM. They're great I paid for extra fast shipping, on Sataurday they arrived on Tuesday with a note from them that they thought that the extra shipping wasn't nessary so they shipped it a cheaper way saving me $10.00. you can't beat them they're really great people. two battery mats with shipping for$10.00 with an e mail from them saying that will always try to ship the cheapest price and still get it there as fast as possiable can't ask for better then that.
George Mc Farland ( BlueMan too )
MY apolagies too the orig Blueman:beer

I hear you I was not happy with the old Diehards when they were made by Exhide.They're now being made again by Johnson Controls who used to made the DieHards before Exide got the contact and were great batteries

That's for sure what I liked was the glass mat construction less lose acid around which was one of my main conerns after finding out the computer connections and vacuum line are located under the battery tray.

A gel battery is the only thing I put in mine. And no, it's not one of those overpriced Optimas.

Outwest
nice bike and my favorite Corvette I think the 62's are the greatest. It's the Corvette I fell in love with wish I could afford one of them to go with my 04

Napa Orbital, same warranty, more cold cranking amps, and about $80 less out here. Sorry, all you Red Top diehards. Thanks George. I'll make you a good deal on the '62. LOL!

I don't think $189.00 for a battery is cheap.99.9% virgin lead and glass mat construction doesn't come cheap. Two years storage time isn't hard to take except here in Vegas we only get about a year because the heat in the summer. These aren't the regular Die Hards

Couple years ago I tried Optima Yellow in my boat. I used to have to replace the lead acid ones about once a year, it's hard to get a jump start 20 miles offshore. Reliability becomes priority quickly when your life might depend on it. I liked it so much I started to replace all my batteries in my vehicles with the Red or Yellow Optima. I have been running the Red in my Vette for over a year and it's great. Don"t have any issues with electrical systems like before, no need for mats and it's always clean. A great number of column lock problems are contributed to low battery voltage. Around here Red Tops are $136 at Costco, that is not much more than a quality lead acid battery. I don't know about NAPA but any gel is got to be much better than the old school stuff.

RE Napa Orbital...

Unless it is just a coincidence of naming, I think Napa is rebranding the Exide Orbital, a very high quality battery indeed.

Optima Red Top Baby!! I've had my stereo going at car shows for hours on accessory and still started it up and drove away!! I can't remember when I got mine but I know it's been over a year now..........:w:w

Yep... I have an Optima Yellow Top battery. Been cranking strong for almost 2 yrs.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom