Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New best

fredk

Corvette
1993 White
Just got back from the track. Great weather and lots of runs. Got a new best of 12.7 at 112. My 60's were in the high 1.9's. I figure with DR's and taking out the front sway bar I should be low to mid 12's.

Fred

What have you done to it to get there? Miniram, stroker, nitrous, enquiring minds want to know.
mark

1993, 3.54 gears, ZZ9 cam, EM headers, 1.66rr's, tune by Alvin, TPIS AFR's, Magnaflow bullit cats, Allen chambered cat back and it is a stock auto and stock torque converter. Once you get started it is never enough. It is putting out 340hp at the wheels which I was more than a little disappointed with.

Fred

fredk said:
1993, 3.54 gears, ZZ9 cam, EM headers, 1.66rr's, tune by Alvin, TPIS AFR's, Magnaflow bullit cats, Allen chambered cat back and it is a stock auto and stock torque converter. Once you get started it is never enough. It is putting out 340hp at the wheels which I was more than a little disappointed with.

Fred

Fred,

You got long tube headers? if not that is seriously holding you back. would think you'd be in the 116 mph range.

no need to take out the front sway bar. that is too overhyped on these cars. it's not a solid rear car ;)

Yes, I have long tube headers. My dyno run was choppy and they suggested I need a little more tuning so that would probably increase my mph and decrease my time.

Fred

Thanks fredk, I was told a stall will wake up that zz9 cam. It should help you launch if you were to get DR's and the stall. Then there is always nitrous.
mark

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom