Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Brake Hoses

A

attret00

I'm getting ready to change my brake hoses on my '64 and notice the replacements don't look exactly like the ones on her now. Without taking them off it looks like the female end on the rear brakes attaches differently to the metal line. Has anyone changed theirs and noticed this. It looks like these don't fit thru the bracket. These are standard brakes not power. I got these from ZIP.

Zip has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If they can't send you hoses that fit, they should take them back. If that's the case try CorvetteCentral, or LongIsland for "correct" 63-67 hose lines (I believe they are all the same). I get mine at local auto stores - they are probably not "correct", but they fit perfectly.

Thanks magicv8, I ran them back up to ZIP today and there was a mistake. He gave me the correct ones and all went well with the change over. I appreciate your time and help.

Speaking of new brake lines has anyone gone with the stainless steel ones? Do you feel a difference in brake response with the stainless? Seems to me it would make a difference with less deflection in the hose . . .

Rowingone, Check on the C3 tech forum. There was a long discussion on the switch to SS/teflon brake hoses. In was on 2/19/04. Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom