Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New C6

caddy

Corvette
2005 C6 LeMans Blue
I just ordered a new C6 on Sat and I got the Nav system, I can't seem to find an answer to this question so I figured this is the best place to go. I realize by getting the Nav system my Radio/System will only have the ability to play one CD, does that player Play MP3's? No one at the dealer could tell me. and secondly if it doesn't play MP3's is there a add on that I can purchase that can have the ability to play MP3's and a multiple CD changer at the same time?
Thanks

No...It won't play MP3's

Yes..you can get aftermarket RF modulation type multi-disc changer w/MP3

Thanks!

1955 BelAir said:
No...It won't play MP3's

Yes..you can get aftermarket RF modulation type multi-disc changer w/MP3

Caddy, Here is whats in my owners manual. I have the nav system.

Using an Mp3 CD
MP3 Format

This MP3 player will accept MP3 files that were recorded on an up to 700 MB CD-R CD. The files can be recorded with the following fixed bit rates: 32 kpbs, 40 kpbs, 56 kpbs, 64 kpbs, 80 kbps, 96 kpbs, 112 kpbs, 128 kpbs, 160 kpbs, 192 kpbs, 224 kpbs, 256 kpbs, and 320 kpbs or a variable bit rate. Song title, artist name, and album will be available when recorded using IS3 tags versions 1 and 2.

The player will be able to read and play a maximum of 50 folders, 50 playlists, 10 sessions, and 255 files.

Hope this helps

That is great.............thanks a bunch!

Billybeau1-while reading your excellent post I was thinking what a car person would have made of it 30 or even 20 years ago. I had to laugh. Having worked in high tech electronics for years I understand the technology better than most. However, it's just to far removed from the push button radios and 8 track tapes that those of us old enough to remember once considered "leading edge" car audio equipment!!!!!!!! I was once the proud owner of a gigantic reel to reel tape recorder that had a built in 8 track recorder. You first made a compilation tape from lp records. Then this tape could be recorded onto an 8 track. My friends were absolutely amazed at my custom tapes with music from different artists......it was just so "far out". I think the machine weighed at least 35 lbs. Gasoline and rubber still smell the same though. When that changes I'll be too old to care.

Man.... I remember back in the day switching out my 8-track player for one of them there new fangled cassette players!!!!!! :L

I know what you mean Oldgoat. In my younger days I had a Pioneer RT707 Reel to reel and a Wollensack 8080 eight track quadrophonic. I was a recording nut. Its funny how fast technoligy has advanced in the recording business.

Bill

4-track

8-track..............my first one was a 4-track, wow have we come a long way or what??????

Chrisr said:
Man.... I remember back in the day switching out my 8-track player for one of them there new fangled cassette players!!!!!! :L

The first car I bought was a 1937 Plymouth Coupe. I had the standard version, which meant I got one wiper and one tail light. The DeLuxe (as they called it then) cost more, but you got two wipers and two tail lights. The windshield cranked out, I had an AM radio, and was happy to have that. I just bought a C6. Things have definitely improved.

im only 17 and i remeber before mp3s and before cds became popular and even when you had to roll up the windows.

good luck with your c6 hope you like it:Twist

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom