Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Callaway owner, but did I get ripped off?

Jon, can you fit an "Ag-Tag" on the car??

In my state, we can use "Farm Use" placards to go to and from the farms, to get supplies, go to Church, or other family related duties. :ugh

If you run a Farm Use placard, no registration is then needed ;squint:

You should have seen the look on "Callaway4Fun's" face when I showed up to Carlisle w/ a Farm Use placard on the back of the one Callaway :boogie Classic! :cool

- Chris :beer

Not that I know of, but I'll check into it. We do have a 3 day limited use permit in AZ, but technically it is used to allow driving the car for repairs, emissions testing, and inspection only.

Plus, in the case of the 3 day permits, there is insurance to consider. The car isn't insured for driving, only storage. My agent is pretty good about covering me for trailering/minimal driving it to shows periodically, but I hate to abuse the privelege.

Well, on the bright side, that Speedster couldn't be a more attractive sculpture/trophy for the dining room. :beer

Thanks for the offer, but I'll survive. :D

Actually, the only thing I'm kind of regretting is buying a car I can't really drive and enjoy. What's keeping me from doing that is the low miles and it still being on the CO (can't register it without titling it).

So I guess I have two choices - either go ahead and title it so I can drive it once in a while, or buy another Callaway. The first option is the easiest, but I'll have to think hard about about what that means to the value of the car.

I say register it and drive it so you can get full enjoyment out of it.
Speedsters are so rare if you take good care of the car, use shouldn't diminish it's value.
Big John.

PS; when the car first came to Old Lime it did have a roof.;)

Eeuhh... Is this the topic where I can sign up for the passengers-seat test drive? :D

Groeten Peter.

Eeuhh... Is this the topic where I can sign up for the passengers-seat test drive? :D

Groeten Peter.
If it is, can I be behind you in line for the rides? :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom