Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: New exhaiust

sargeter

Corvette
2002 C-5 black convertible
Has anyone had any experience with Mirage or JP Genuine exhaust? I'd like to get round mufflers instead of the big oval ones. They look like they would be easier to keep from hanging down than the big ovals. These two are between $350 and $400. A lot cheaper than $800 - $1400.
s-l300.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I'm a big fan of the Corsa products for both the C5 and C6. From all the research I did prior to buying my first Corsa for our '04 Vert and the comments from others, it seems that this is one area where you get what you pay for. Never once have I experienced a quality problem or any of the dreaded "drone" at cruising speeds! :thumb

I had Corsa on my 01 coupe and planned on getting Corsa on my 007 when I was looking. But the Car I ended up buying already had Borla Stingers on it. I like the Stingers but at certain rpm/loads I can get some drone.....the nice thing is, with the manual trans, I can usually work around it.

Never heard of either of those brands, they might be just fine.

I'll bet that system you've posted will run you out of the car because of drone.

I would say yes and no to that. With an automatic transmission and a torque converter, probably yes. With a 6 speed manual, not always. I can shift around the drone with my Stingers and manual transmission if I want to, and hold that gear if need be, and freeway speeds with a .50 to 1 top gear means that rev's are less than 1500 rpm.

I agree that you do get what you pay for in exhaust systems. I would want a brand name system just to insure fit, finish, and sound quality, no matter the choice of a loud or quite system.

I would say yes and no to that. With an automatic transmission and a torque converter, probably yes. With a 6 speed manual, not always. I can shift around the drone with my Stingers and manual transmission if I want to, and hold that gear if need be, and freeway speeds with a .50 to 1 top gear means that rev's are less than 1500 rpm.

I agree that you do get what you pay for in exhaust systems. I would want a brand name system just to insure fit, finish, and sound quality, no matter the choice of a loud or quite system.
I've got a stick so maybe it would be ok. Would these be much different than B & B Bullets and do they have drone?

I've got a stick so maybe it would be ok. Would these be much different than B & B Bullets and do they have drone?

They look similar in shape to my Borla Stingers, and yes I would expect them to drone under certain engine loads and rpm's. B&B Bullets I do not have any experience with, but I know they are loud and I would expect them to drone under certain engine loads as well.

I have heard people talk about B&B Bullits, and what I've heard wasn't good. I understand that the drone is terrible. Now take that with a grain of salt, I've never actually heard them myself, just what others have said.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom