Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New fan clutch!

P

page62

As part of my A/C system refurb, a new fan clutch was installed. I heard it kick in for the first time this afternoon...as in "what the heck is that!?"

Is it normal to be able to hear (and perhaps feel) the fan so noticeably? Or is there an out-of-balance situation?

Hear, yes, feel, I have never experienced it. You hear it mostly on reving the motor up, especialy in park, kind of a fan moveing air noise that varies with the RPM and usually dies off when it spins up to a certain point.

Normal! That is also how they rob so much hsp. I had one on my anemic S10 and could hear and feel it kick pretty quick during the summer months. It came off in favor of an electric.

It makes a roar kind of noise when it is really kicking. At least it is the sound and feel of cool temps in more ways than one!

flex fan

After constant hot summer engine temps and replacing the fan clutch numerous times, we opted for a flex fan. I have yet to get it over 195 at any speed during the summer.
The flex fan makes a loud roaring sound, and it took me some time to get used to it. I was constantly panicking thinking I hadn't shifted fully to drive and left it in second gear!
Silver

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom