Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new from N. Indiana

Welcome to the CAC! Enjoy the C4 and the forums.

:w Jane Ann

Hello and welcome to the :CAC ! I have good friends in Mishawaka and Union, MI. Hope you can find a good club out there!

:w Barbie

Thanx all, nice to have a Corvette again! Took her out after church this morning on some of my favorite s. MI. backroads: "learning" how to drive her, so to speak. My son, who is home visiting this weekend, apparently thought I was going a bit too rapidly at times...he kept tensing up. However, as he is used to his Cavalier egg beater...hhmmmm. Told him to relax as the car was not even close to its limits and she wasn't. Trying to get used to dropping the slushbox into second for carving curves. Looks like she is capable of a bit over 80 in 2 which is @ the same as 4th in my 6 spd MSM MX-5, the gear I normally go thru curves in around here. Of course with the LT1 there is just a wee bit more torque and a good sized corral of ponies on tap that the lil turbo'd dohc 4 doesn't have. Sure makes for an interesting contrast in how to drive! Fun! DFO :)

A late welcome to the CAC. I get past Mann's occasionally on my way to Stripco. We have a liqued nitrogen bulk tank there. It's too late at night to stop though so it's good to hear that they are a good Corvette shop.

Tom

Do you mean Mann's Corvette off of 20?
Welcome designeraccd to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER. I live just south of Fort Wayne. Do you work/live in the Elkhart area? It is nice enough here today it sure is tempting to get the Vette out but I have cleaned it up for the winter and it is not ideal clean up weather here in the Hoosier State.

Take care and maybe we will meet up somewhere this next summer.

Bill

Mann's is indeed on old US 20 and that's where my Vettes go. They installed my new Bilsteins last Saturday and I drove her yesterday and today on some of my favorite s. MI backroads...FUN! The Bilsteins make a noticeable improvement in the lumpy curves around here, as I definately proved again today. My LS1 certainly won't get carboned up!!!!.

Yup...I'm in Elkhart. DFO:)

Mann's is indeed on old US 20 and that's where my Vettes go.

You say old US 20, where is that exactly? Is that towards Napanee, just can't place it and I get in the area a couple times a month at least.

Bill

not sure but there is a 20 that runs east-west up near the Michigan line

not sure but there is a 20 that runs east-west up near the Michigan line

I've never been that far on US 20 north. I bet that is where it is too bossvette. In my travels on US 20 I have never seen a Vette garage so it must be further north yet.

Bill

You say old US 20, where is that exactly? Is that towards Napanee, just can't place it and I get in the area a couple times a month at least.

Bill

The highway between Nappannee and Elkhart is IN 19...n-s. Old US 20 is e-w in the "metro" area between Elkhart-Osceola-Mishawaka-SB etc. Goes past both the Ford and Chevy/Nissan dealer in Elkhart. The Chevy dealer is @ 8 miles east of Manns. Mann's is maybe 1-2 miles EAST of the Hummer plant facility, the north side of which is on old US 20. It is just east of a big volunteer fire station, also on old 20. They do lots of restoration work on old, early Vettes: C3s and back. There was a gutted '53 in there last Sat. when my Bilsteins were installed, for example. Steve Mann and his crew are qualified, friendly people based on what I've seen. If you do a Map Quest I'm sure you can find it. Actual address is 13644 McKinley Hwy (aka old US 20) Mishawaka, IN 46545; he has a web site. DFO:)

The Chevy dealer is @ 8 miles east of Manns. Mann's is maybe 1-2 miles EAST of the Hummer plant facility, the north side of which is on old US 20.

I now have a better idea of where your talking about; closer to South Bend or at least in that direction, right?

Thanks,
Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom