Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport New GS owner with a question

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

Paul Spangler

Corvette
2012 Grand Sport
Just got a 2012 GS with about all the options available a couple of weeks ago (my 4th vette) and need some help with the navigation system. That *^%#%^& nav set is contrary, won't store a destination, display is dull, and isn't near a good as a decent smartphone's gps system. The CDs that came with it are supposedly the 2009 version and it seems like there should be a better update/version available.
Anyone have any ideas/help?

Paul Spangler
Bristol, Va
mohawk@bvunet.net

Attachments

• DSCN4471.jpg
    DSCN4471.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 158
Exactly why we ordered our '10 GS Vert WITHOUT the navigation option. Too many $$$ and not enough good stuff. We bought a Garmin with a bigger screen and lifetime updates for less than $200.00 at Costco and a mount that attaches to the center vent/ac grill on Amazon for $20.00. We invested the difference in 93 octane gasoline!!

Side benefit, we can put the Garmin in the truck or in the '04 Z16/Z06 when necessary!! :thumb

Corvette nav system

Am about to stop trying for a week or so..........this sumbitch is not very user friendly......to me anyway.
The nav manual is about no help either. What it says doesn't seem to work.

Exactly why we ordered our '10 GS Vert WITHOUT the navigation option. Too many $$$ and not enough good stuff. We bought a Garmin with a bigger screen and lifetime updates for less than $200.00 at Costco and a mount that attaches to the center vent/ac grill on Amazon for $20.00. We invested the difference in 93 octane gasoline!!

Side benefit, we can put the Garmin in the truck or in the '04 Z16/Z06 when necessary!! :thumb

If you have the OnStar "directions and distance" (?) option, you can push the OnStar button and tell them where you want to go and OnStar will tweak the Nav system which will then give you the directions needed and you ca do this while the car is in motion.

The only thing I use NAV for is @ 1/32nd mile scale. I use it to tell me what an unknown road is going to do if I'm "railing" it. Saved my bacon a coupla times (and almost cost me my bacon other times.)

Speaking of which, why is bacon $8 a pound?:eyerole

not to take away from this board, but on the other board do a search for a member Talon90, he has put together a detailed step by step guide to the nav system....much better than the factory instruction.

The C6 NAV was a lousy unit in 2004 when they first put it in the car, and got no improvements in the ensuing 9 years. The whole tutorial takes up a whole CD, and is obviously not intuitive, or they wouldn't need a guy to study it for more than 5 years on his own to explain how to use it. He usually has a class at the C5 - C6 Bash at he Museum in April. The auditorium is usually packed with folks who can't figure it on their own. He hands out a CD of otherwise not available help with the unit.

Issues like the nav is proof that GM doesn't always listen to its' customers.

It's an older thread but geez...what a stunningly beautiful car.....wow! I could look at that all day...very nice! :D I have the Nav in mine but just use the touch screen for the radio and throw in my Garmin when its time to go to the city.....I still like to use a big ole fold up map...if you can find them anymore......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom