Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Guy Here

SIXFOOTER

Corvette
1981 L81 Tan Coupe
New guy in here. I am a member on other Vette forums and have found them to be Very helpfull. I have an 81 about 1/2 way done thru a Frame Off Restomod. I have worked thru Suspension, Brakes, Birdcage rust, destroyed front clip and a bunch of other stuff.
I try to contribute at least as much as I get from here. So, If I can help I would be happy to. Just ask.

smilies-42650.png
...and the L81 forum. You won't find a nicer, more knowledgeable group of Corvette enthusiasts on the planet!!

Feel free to tell us about the restomod you've got going and post pix if you've got them too.

Enjoy!
:wJane Ann

welcome to CAC!!!:CAC
good luck finishing your frame off restorod and enjoy the forums!!!!!!!!!!

SIXFOOTER ~ Welcome Aboard ~

:w SIXFOOTER,

Sounds like you have yourself into a Real Project :upthumbs we have another member: Peer81 (Peter)
from the Netherlands that is getting close to a complete body off resto/mod project on his 1981. If you do a search for post by Peer81 it is amazing to watch/listen to this young man going through his 1981.

I got to say I admire y'alls mind set and talents. Don't be a stranger. Enjoy your project and we don't mind watching and viewing photos :D

Bud Dougherty

Well, since you asked, here are a few pics of the progress.
This is when I got it
My81vette.jpg

Interior after some new Seat Covers and carpet
cleaninterior.jpg

OOpps
damagedfront.jpg

Body off time

Few rust issues
DSCN0007.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

No2passside.jpg

Cleaned, blasted and painted parts
DSCN9344.jpg

DSCN9343.jpg

DSCN9347.jpg

Chasis all back together

PICT0034.jpg

Rust all dealt with
PICT0099.jpg

PICT0097.jpg

And this was a week or 2 ago. Since then I have the engine cleaned up, new shiny manifold, timing cover, valve covers done, and a bunch of other little stuff. Couple more weeks and I'll be ready to fire it up
PICT0163.jpg

So thats me

Very cool! :cool Welcome and look forward to seeing the finished product. I'm pretty tenacious, but I don't think I could get through a project like that. Thanks for resurrecting another L81.

Welcome

Wow--nice job...sort of going thru the same thing, but not a body off....doing it the hard..hehe!!

Welcome sixfooter. Your doing nice work on your 81. Good luck and keep strokin. Dave :w
VETTES2CARS7-1-07GOODA-A1.jpg

:boogie:boogie :bar

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom