Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Guy in New York

Thanks for the welcome hoosierdaddy! That is how my tire was repaired. I would
probably prefer the security of the runflats also but I have 4 new tires I need to run
through first! I have found a few manuals, just trying to avoid paying full price...

Welcome to the CAC, Chet.

There are a fair number of people who've converted to non-RFTs. Some choose to carry an inflation kit. The once GM put in C5 Z06es is good, but it's expensive. Conti also makes one which Tire Rack sells.

As for plugging radial tires....don't do it. It's unsafe and few radial tire manufacturers approve it.

The only safe way to repair a radial tire is by patching from the inside.

Parts data for C5s are not available in book form. The factory service manuals are available from vendors such as, CAC sponsor, Zip Products.

Thank You for the welcome Hib. My tire was repaired as you described so I should be
OK. I now have repair kit, compressor, etc.

probably prefer the security of the runflats also but I have 4 new tires I need to run
through first! I have found a few manuals, just trying to avoid paying full price...

i just paid somewhere around $75.00 for my FSM for my 84 and it came as a reproduction in looseleaf form... you would think for that kinda money they could put it in a binder:mad

I hear ya my man :thumb

Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom