Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New......Help!

If It's a automatic, it should be an LT4. Correct????

Good deal. If the rest of the car is to your liking, do the rust and don't look back. Good luck.

Just my 2 cents worth

You say the car is a '96 with under 30k miles. This means it has only been driven about 3k a year. It also means it has been parked somewhere for extended periods of time. If it was parked in a garage or shop with even slight humidity I would think it possible you'd see rust like this. It all appears to be surface rust and easily fixed with a wire brush, a little elbow grease, and some Rustoleum paint.

I'd be more concerned about really costly items and look for signs of leaks (interior and engine), power options operations (windows and seats), motor controlled features (headlights and wipers) etc etc. These were the big ticket items that cost me (and the warranty company) the most in the first year after I bought my first Corvette - a 1994 TR convertible.

If you have to convince yourself to buy this one, I'd say walk away and keep looking.

JMO
Good luck!
:w Jane Ann

attachment.php

For those of you....

For those of you who are curious, I decided to move on and look elsewhere. I couldn't handle the rust so I didn't bother with an inspection. As many of you said, the right one will come along!

Thanks for all the help and advice!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom