Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Hood for Callaway SuperCharged Corvette

CallawayMV

The hood shown below could soon become standard equipment on the new Callaway Corvette. It could also be sold separately to installers and consumers for any Magna Charger-equipped C6 Corvette, or stock Corvette for that matter.

This new design provides the additional clearance for this supercharger and is 30% lighter than the stock hood. It's one piece with the center section painted a contrasting color. Dimensional accuracy of this hood results in excellent hood-to-fender and fascia alignment. Vastly superior surface finish requires much less pre-painting preparation.

Any opinions? Do you think this design is better looking than the currently used hood as shown at the bottom of this post?

(Sorry about the reflections. I'll take more photos when the lighting is better.)

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Earlier style hood, for comparison:
Library-0012.jpg

The hood really looks nice. I think the detail with the two-tone paint makes the hood stand out. It's nice to see improvements being made. Keep em comming.

Yes, the new hood is much better! I likey!

-Luigi
:cool

I like it a lot. With the two-tone design, it won't take an expert to recognize a Corvette is a Callaway from 50 yards away. :upthumbs

Welcome Callaway MikeV.....nice to have you online now...will you be at NCM, KY in May...

I love the new hood much better. It adds alot of muscle to the look. It makes me want to Shaker- errr, shake with enthusiasm about the change.:D

I really like the hood and was absolutely impressed by the high quality of the hood on both surface sides. It is leaps and bounds ahead of a traditional fiberglass hood ;)

The hood is great. Please keep the underhood badge though for a complete (serialized) Callaway vehicle though :beer

I really like the hood and was absolutely impressed by the high quality of the hood on both surface sides. It is leaps and bounds ahead of a traditional fiberglass hood ;)

The hood is great. Please keep the underhood badge though for a complete (serialized) Callaway vehicle though :beer
Thanks, CC.

I agree 100% regarding the underhood badge.
Made that same request to MZ at the Show.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom