Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New intake for crossfire = more HP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
240 post and over 4000 views. Thanks for your interest in my little first post.:thumb

Don't worry about me, us crossfire guys have thick skin, we have been taking flack from everybody for 26 years. Until now, the renegade will help my 84 show you my tail lights.:thumb

So you bought your car when you were 6 then?

No, I almost bought an 84 red when I was 14. But I ended up buying a bronze 84 vette when I was 18. I have had it for a while anyway.

Don't worry about me, us crossfire guys have thick skin, we have been taking flack from everybody for 26 years. Until now, the renegade will help my 84 show you my tail lights.:thumb

Who? ME?

uhhh huh. Well, perhaps when I walk around it I might see 'em.:boogie

Nice tobroke!:thumb

Uh...guys...that's the real thing and it's definitely got some big ports. No doubt, it'll make some increased horsepower but....the big question is what will the overall torque curve look like and how will the driveability with a 350 cuin engine be.

I'm sure Super Chevy will tell us.:thumb

Uh...guys...that's the real thing and it's definitely got some big ports. No doubt, it'll make some increased horsepower but....the big question is what will the overall torque curve look like and how will the driveability with a 350 cuin engine be.

I'm sure Super Chevy will tell us.:thumb

Way to go Hib.:thumb

I was told that the torque curve resembles the TPI. So it probably doesn't come on until about 2500 rpm but I would imagine that it pulls to 5500 rpm maybe 5800 rpm with the runners being shorter than a tpi that quits at what 4800 rpm.;shrug

For driveability I think will be good a guy tested it for DCS and he said it ran well, idled good but was bummed when they took it off his engine to make molds. It also gets a little better miles per gallon.

DCS took a simple design and made it better with larger runners with a better entry for air and fuel to hit the heads. The air should compress slightly with the cone shaped runners for low end torque.

I think they hit it out of the ball park with this design. I also read that DCS is very pleased with the way it performs. DCS said when they get on it it goes a little sideways.:lou

Word on the street is the aluminium is bubbling and ready to pour. Should have our renegades soon.:thumb

This thread is one sure fire way to
accomplish several things:

Make everyone think we CFI owners are idiots and have TPI envy.

Waste of bandwidth as someone pointed out

Make me so sick of hearing about the Renegade that I wont even want one (getting there!):puke

Did you know?
When they set off the first Atomic Bomb there was great debate among the scientists. One highly held theory was that the bomb would ignite the atmosphere and destroy the world. But they didnt know until they did it did they? Why must this posturing and speculation go on...and on...and on......and on.......................................?;shrug;shrug

Oh WAIT! I KNOW!...because NO ONE HAS ONE YET!!!

This thread is one sure fire way to
accomplish several things:

Make everyone think we CFI owners are idiots and have TPI envy.

Waste of bandwidth as someone pointed out

Make me so sick of hearing about the Renegade that I wont even want one (getting there!):puke

Did you know?
When they set off the first Atomic Bomb there was great debate among the scientists. One highly held theory was that the bomb would ignite the atmosphere and destroy the world. But they didnt know until they did it did they? Why must this posturing and speculation go on...and on...and on......and on.......................................?;shrug;shrug

Oh WAIT! I KNOW!...because NO ONE HAS ONE YET!!!

Where have you been under a rock? Three people have them already and the rest are on there way.:beer

....the check is in the mail kinda deal?:thumb :boogie

TPI envy? :boogie

like, my "runners" are bigger than yer runners......;)

LMAO!

I just watched the video.. looks like a Bridgeport mill or a close copy . Pretty low tech machine to be using for that job.
You better hope the person running that machine is REALLY good or there could be fit problems.I don't see any kind of jigging. I would want mine done on a CNC .

Glenn
:w

I have faith in God to make that renegade straight and true. DCS is very picky so it will be done right.

I have faith in God to make that renegade straight and true. DCS is very picky so it will be done right.

The machining you saw on that video was for testing purposes of one of the 3 pre-production castings. All of the production castings will be machined on a CNC. The CNC program has already been written by the way. You're sick of hearing about it? Gees, I'm sick of waiting for it. Over a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom