Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new interior for my 89 coupe

C

captbane

Was wondering if anyone has changed the interior color of their 89 vette and if so who has the best prices. Was checking out mid- american , who else is out there? Thasnks , Doug Castner, captbane@yahoo.com

Corvette America has competitive prices. For carpeting, check out Auto Custom Carpets www.accmats.com

I found all of them out there charge about $400 to $500 for a complete set of carpet.:cry I used black interior carpet spray to paint the silver carpet but the stuff makes the carpet nap hard its' not warm and fuzzy any more.:Buttslap

captbane said:
Was wondering if anyone has changed the interior color of their 89 vette and if so who has the best prices. Was checking out mid- american , who else is out there? Thasnks , Doug Castner, captbane@yahoo.com
I just finished up my conversion last weekend. I had the medium blue interior and went with all black. I first purchased the black leather seats recovered on new foam for $700.00. I then purchased the door panels for about $425.00 for both. Luckily, I ran across someone selling some odds and ends and picked up the armrests and center console lid. The next major purchase was the carpetting. Make sure to use the mass backed carpet for about $400.00 for the entire set. The parking brake cover and door sill rear trim pieces were purchased from Corvette Central. The console side sections are the biggest problem if you want them in the original color.

You can die your original trim pieces in your preferred color. I have talked with someone at my work who used SEM products. It has been 3 years and no sign of wear.

I would suggest you take your time searching out the needed parts on Ebay. Other than that, Corvette Central, Ecklers, Mid America, Zip Corvette, etc. all have what you may need.

If you go to this web site, they did an interior upgrade on a 1984 coupe. http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/0306vet_interior_pt1/

I used this as a reference for my work. It helped out a lot. Buying the interior screw kit was a very good suggestion. I used ziplock bags and marked each screw set as they were removed

Good Luck.

Dino

I've done mine from Brown to Grey. A couple of years ago...
I bought my carpet new on Ebay.
Also bought the boor and tunnel panels on ebay.

I think I spent ~$700

Is there something special with Auto Custom carpets? I am planning to replace the carpet in my "86 and their price was a little over $800. Corvette Central's price is $495.

Thanks

I changed my interior from red to black last year. Big project. I bought new mounted leather seats and carpet on ebay, saved a bundle over the catalogs. I found everything else on ebay as well, used black seat belts, black console lid, black parking brake cover, and black door jamb trim. I dyed the door panels and the console sides, and the dye has held up very well, I got it from Ecklers. It took me two days to do the carpet, there's lots of cutting, gluing, and measuring. I offset the cost of a lot of this stuff by reselling my old interior on ebay.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom