Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New lift design for storage, simply over the top!

*89x2*

So I am looking at 4-posts ifts (still sold on the Backyard Buddy brand) and came across this:

http://www.aclifts.com/parking/pss-7.asp

Phantom%20up%20position.JPG

Those are absolutely awesome. The only challenge is the excavation in an existing structure and water issues like a basement...

but I would have done that if it was possible at my house by all means!

Mark, I guess we would have to have a sump pump in there, as I know I would worry about the car sitting in a virtual bathtub :eek:hnoes

The backyard buddy, seems to be the "safest" design, being enclosed on all four sides. The damn thing costs 2.5 times more though, than most other lifts ;shrug

http://www.backyardbuddy.com/

Mark, I guess we would have to have a sump pump in there, as I know I would worry about the car sitting in a virtual bathtub :eek:hnoes

The backyard buddy, seems to be the "safest" design, being enclosed on all four sides. The damn thing costs 2.5 times more though, than most other lifts ;shrug

http://www.backyardbuddy.com/

I bought the Perfect Park from Lifts Unlimited. http://www.liftsunlimited.com/. I liked the larger corner posts, and all the cables, pulleys, and hydraulics are enclosed. Seemed much safer with kids around.

The first lift (aclift) would be nice if it worked in reverse. Store one above ground, second floor as a showroom. Then there would be no worries about flooding. I kind of designed my house like that. Now the room above the garage is just a very large game room for the kids. When they are gone it could be converted very easily. The backyard buddy seems like a very well made lift. I use the 2 post designed lifts as they allow me do do alot more. I am used to using this style lift.

What are the $ are these lifts you are looking at? Trying to get a comparision

The first lift (aclift) would be nice if it worked in reverse. Store one above ground, second floor as a showroom. Then there would be no worries about flooding. I kind of designed my house like that. Now the room above the garage is just a very large game room for the kids. When they are gone it could be converted very easily. The backyard buddy seems like a very well made lift. I use the 2 post designed lifts as they allow me do do alot more. I am used to using this style lift.

I completely agree....my challenge is it would have to go up 11 ft unfortunately....but you are absolutely right above the reverse model going up instead of down being a much better idea for existing homes.

What are the $ are these lifts you are looking at? Trying to get a comparision

The Backyard Buddy I am looking at is ~ $4k

The guy said I can have longer (low profile) ramps and 220v for no extra charge.

When I initially went to buy it (and didn't for whatever reason :bash ), it was a tad over $3k (yr. 2000 dollars).

I hope this helps :beer

Nice idea, but going underground is much more $$ than going up!

Groeten Peter

That is what I've been seeing about a 25% jump in recent years. Low profile ramps and 220 are the only way to go :)

That is what I've been seeing about a 25% jump in recent years. Low profile ramps and 220 are the only way to go :)

Mark, the one thing they said over and above being made in America, was it was steel from the United States of America vs. others :ugh

Wow....

The average cost for a PhantomPark for a pit application is
approximately
$42,000. This does not include freight, installation, applicable
taxes,
permitting or excavating. The excavating costs differ by location. We
recommend contacting a contractor in your area who can give you a
budgetary
quote for the excavation. Budgetary costs for freight and installation
can be
provided upon us receiving information of the jobsite address and
specific
details of the application.

Wow....

The average cost for a PhantomPark for a pit application is
approximately
$42,000. This does not include freight, installation, applicable
taxes,
permitting or excavating. The excavating costs differ by location. We
recommend contacting a contractor in your area who can give you a
budgetary
quote for the excavation. Budgetary costs for freight and installation
can be
provided upon us receiving information of the jobsite address and
specific
details of the application.

wow :eek

For that kind of money, I would build another garage - or move! :W

Thanks for researching - I am still looking at ideas for the garage...

On the subject, anyone got pics of their flooring/coating/tile, etc??? :beer

Hmm... about the cost of a really nice pool....

and in Florida digging that would definitely give you a pool, not a garage! ;LOL

-Luigi
:cool

I plan on just parking my cars like this someday:
hotwheels_match_box_30_car_case.jpg

The question is... how do I get real ones in the boxes? :L

Hey! That'd work! Just need an elevator system! I'll add that to my list of outrageous things I'll never have enough money for... ;LOL

...wife just gave me the greenlight for a Backyard Buddy lift :eek

Now all I need to do, is finish my floors. Last weekend, I got a quote from a floor etcher, for ~ six-grand :eek:hnoes I think I will try the do-it-yourself route with the U-coat-it system... Anyone use that system with luck?? I think maybe Tony C. has it on his floors :confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom