Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: New light bulbs ?

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
I'm in the proces of changing all the bulbs on the rear of my 2003, and I have to admit it's been awhile, but the taillight bulbs are now 3057 rather than the old 1157 and they now plug in. My question is how do you tell if their in right? On my car you can plug them in one way and then flip them around 180 degrees, Either way they go into the harness? Thanks ! :ugh

It doesn't matter which way you plug them in. They will work either way.

HTH

The 1157 bulbs are not polarity dependent.

They ARE with offset pins so they will go in correctly. The filaments are different between brake/turn signal and tail light.

How does the 3057 know which filament is supposed to light up? Hmmmmmmm?

The 1157 bulbs are not polarity dependent.

They ARE with offset pins so they will go in correctly. The filaments are different between brake/turn signal and tail light.

How does the 3057 know which filament is supposed to light up? Hmmmmmmm?

1034s, 1157s, 2057s, etc (three versions of the same bulb - different candle powers) and are polarized bulbs as indicated by their offset pins. They will only fit (properly) one way. Those bulbs only have 3 electrical contacts (each filament shares a common ground).

The 3057s, 3157s, 4157s, etc, are different. They are not polarized bulbs and have 4 electrical contacts. Each filament has it's own 2 contacts on the base (wires) and will work correctly regardless of the way they are inserted into the socket.

See? Hmmmmmm?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom