Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Lone Star Calipers ( On my 73 )

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
I finally gave up trying to patch my brake system a piece at a time.

So I just completed installing 4 new ss sleeved calipers,pads,rotors,rubber hoses,Master cylinder stainless steel coupling pipes on the rear,& power bled the system.

Woooo Hoooo this thing for the first time stops on a dime...no pull, firm pedal. the next thing is to do the VAC booster. it's got a slight leak when I'm steping on the brakes ( hiss under dash ).

Mike

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
Ain't it something Mike that the last thing most people think of when building a performance machine is the ability to stop as fast as you can go. Certainly feels good to have your retinas detach when you hit the brake pedal, eh? :L

_ken :w

S

ssvett

Mike, I have sold Lone Star Calipers for 4 years now and I have had only one return, they are good calipers. BTW I'm sure you know that you have done the easy part. The "Hiss" will be a PITA:r .........Good luck.........I hope you can stand on your head for long periods of time...........Steve

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
Naw

I'm having this one done. Unless I can find a good set of seats ( so I can remove mine then do the magical contorsion act) @ 6'0" & 245 LBS I NEED ROOM!

Mike

B

Bullitt

Can someone comment to what is the upshot of Lone Star calipers versus other aftermarket suppliers? I'm not going to use the Wilwoods I have (will probably sell them on Ebay), so I guess I'm going to go with calipers that are the same design. I don't know if I should try the o-ring type or regular rubber seals. Has anyone tried Zero Tolerance? Thanks for the info. --Bullitt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom