Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 New LT4 and G-Tech Meter

1996 LT4 Topic
A

Alric

I finally got my LT4! I had to sell my 2002 Ram Air Ws6 6-speed Trans Am in order to get the corvette but it was worth it. When I got the LT4 it seemed to be as strong as the T/A. I wanted to test the car without being reckless. I tested my car with the GTech meter and the best run was 274 HP. The 1998 vette ran 276. Has anyone else ran with a G-Tech meter, and if so, what were your results?

Thanks,

Alric :Steer

Maybe a little off subject from the G tech, but several folks here with the LT4 have had them on the Dyno and the track.

Seems like those numbers are popping in the ball park considering the loss for the accesories and drive line.

What a change to go from a LS1 motor with four seats to the LT4 with two seats.

The LT4 is an amazing motor with tons of untapped potential just waiting to be awakend.

the HP seems a bit low actually... are there any mods done to the car? it could be as simple as a dirty air filter, or the just the GTech. On the low end, you should have 280 RWHP, the average is actually closer to 300 though. Congrats on the purchase... plan on doing any mods to it?

Both cars, the LS1 and LT4, were in the 275 range. It could be that the meter is just not as accurate as a dyno. Using the G-Tech you are fighting the wind, rough road, and drag. I hope that these factors are the only reason the two cars are dipping below 290 RWHP. Both cars are in excellent condition and should be prime examples of stock HP. As far as mods, I am getting rid of the resonator this weekend and possibly will purchase an air foil later on in the future. I also may modify the air lid on the cleaner.

Thanks,

Alric

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom