Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New MAF no improvement in mileage- 1986

T

tdr1919

God knows how many years the MAF was bad in this car (86), when I bought it there was no "engine service" light. when I the bezel, the light bulb was actually broken and burnt into the panel, I replaced the bulb and proceed to check the engine code (34) I didnt have the money at the time for the MAF
and wanted to focus on "driveability" issues, I replaced the related relays and the MAF (Bosch original remanufactured) and Ureaka! NO CHECK ENGINE! I checked my mileage, but I am still only getting 18 MPG, normal driving, mixed
HWY & local (no racing). 1986 with a 4+3 transmission. Is there anyone else with my year car out there that can either let me know if this is typical mileage or can I get better doing something else.
Thanks,
Tom

I don't check mine often but I get around 16.5-17 mpg in the vette according to the dash, and I reset that about every fill up. This is in town driving, non highway.

Have you tried changing your fuel filter lately? How old is your air filter? You could also clean the TB if that hasn't been done lately. Also you could run some Chevron with Techron fuel additive to clean up the injectors.

I don't check mine often but I get around 16.5-17 mpg in the vette according to the dash, and I reset that about every fill up. This is in town driving, non highway.​

Have you tried changing your fuel filter lately? How old is your air filter? You could also clean the TB if that hasn't been done lately. Also you could run some Chevron with Techron fuel additive to clean up the injectors.​
Hi Vettefan87, Happy New Year!, the only thing I havent done on your list is
change the fuel filter, I calculate my fuel/mileage by hand, so it is pretty accurate, so it sounds like my car is inline with your car, I wonder if there is anything in the programming (newer version) that can improved this a bit more without sacrificing performance.
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom