Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Magnaflow SS Catback installed (w/ pics)

So...does it drone on the highway? If so, at what rpm?
I'm changing my rear gear ratio and haven't bought an
exhaust yet. Don't want the have to hear from the better
half about how loud it is on the highway. ;)
preacherman

On my car (w/ LT's & no cats) it's LOUD but w/ very little if any resonance. On a stock C4 w/ stock manifolds & cats (the way it was actaully designed to be run), I bet it would it would meet w/ the wife's approval. Heck, even my wife likes it (the way it is) on my car...and that's sayin' something. :L

Looking at your pictures, it appears you have removed your spare tire tub.

Do the Magnaflow pipes restrict access to the spare tire?

I'm thinking seriously of buying a set, but not if it means I can't carry a spare tire.

Thanks.

Looking at your pictures, it appears you have removed your spare tire tub.

Do the Magnaflow pipes restrict access to the spare tire?

I'm thinking seriously of buying a set, but not if it means I can't carry a spare tire.

Thanks.

No the new exhaust has nothing to do w/ my missing spare. I removed it a few years ago...and haven't looked back. It looks much better w/o it and I can't imagine that I would ever run that 12yr old donut on my car anyway. I keep an emergency tire repair kit in my car & my insurance company offers free towing. Worst case scenario, my car is taking a ride on a flat bed...and I have spares for the front & rear @ home.

No looking back now. I placed an order with Performance Peddler...but...backordered from Magnaflow :rotfl

Supposed to be available today, the 18th but likely won't ship until the 22nd...from Magnaflow California....to Massachusetts...FEDEX ground.

JEFNLSA, thanks for the sound clips and pictures. They made the difference for me.

Francesco at Performance Peddler seemed truly interested when we spoke and was very helpful. He told me to call back Friday afternoon to get an update on shipping. Hope the customer service holds through for the rest of the purchase/delivery cycle.

No looking back now. I placed an order with Performance Peddler...but...backordered from Magnaflow :rotfl

Supposed to be available today, the 18th but likely won't ship until the 22nd...from Magnaflow California....to Massachusetts...FEDEX ground.

JEFNLSA, thanks for the sound clips and pictures. They made the difference for me.

Francesco at Performance Peddler seemed truly interested when we spoke and was very helpful. He told me to call back Friday afternoon to get an update on shipping. Hope the customer service holds through for the rest of the purchase/delivery cycle.

Great. :beer
I had my exhaust within 2 days of placing my order...of course, I'm in AZ and the exhaust shipped from Ca. I'm sure, once Magnaflow has it available to ship, you'll see it within a few days tops.

Enjoy!

My system FINALLY arrived last night OCT 6 after Magnaflow went back on their 9/18 shipping date.

Since I got home late last night and didn't have a lot of time to do a thorough inspection, I opened the box and unwrapped one muffler. Both tips have a significant amount of weld splatter on the inboard portion of the polished inside surface, right out to the end.

Since I only unwrapped one muffler, I don't yet know if this is the case for the other one.

JEFNLSA, your photos are pretty sharp and I don't see any splatter like what I have on mine. Are yours OK?

I wrote Dan at Performance Peddler and he wrote back that this is not typical of Magnaflow products and will work with his Sales Rep. at Magnaflow to correct this issue as soon as I let him know if this is on one or both mufflers.

I was so looking forward to installing them this weekend.

I'll let all know how this works out.

My system FINALLY arrived last night OCT 6 after Magnaflow went back on their 9/18 shipping date.

Since I got home late last night and didn't have a lot of time to do a thorough inspection, I opened the box and unwrapped one muffler. Both tips have a significant amount of weld splatter on the inboard portion of the polished inside surface, right out to the end.

Since I only unwrapped one muffler, I don't yet know if this is the case for the other one.

JEFNLSA, your photos are pretty sharp and I don't see any splatter like what I have on mine. Are yours OK?

I wrote Dan at Performance Peddler and he wrote back that this is not typical of Magnaflow products and will work with his Sales Rep. at Magnaflow to correct this issue as soon as I let him know if this is on one or both mufflers.

I was so looking forward to installing them this weekend.

I'll let all know how this works out.

Dan,

Glad to hear you "finally" received your exhaust from Magnaflow. I must have bought at the right time cuz I saw mine within a couple days of purchase.

Sorry to hear about the weld splatter issue. My inner tips are fine...although there is a little bit of "funk" where the inside mirrored portion meets the inside of the muffler...but nothing on the inside of the tips themselves.

Regardless, if the look really bothers you and you can afford to wait a little longer, send the bad muffler/s back for replacement. I know if I were in your shoes, returning them would be a PITA (hopefully they would cover all shipping) and I'd probably just live w/ it.

Anyway, keep me posted on how it works out...

Jeff :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom