Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Magnaflows

Highway Man

Corvette
1992 Black on Black Coupe
I got a pair of new axle-back Magnaflow mufflers for Christmas and this afternoon my son-in-law and I put them on. I must say that after I read some of the other threads about the Magnaflows I was somewhat apprehensive as to how they were going to sound and whether I would have interior resonance issues. I am most pleased to say that they added just the right amount of rumble to the car without being obnoxious and no interior resonance! We were able to carry on a normal conversation without shouting and at cruising speed the pipes toned down to a nice mellow rumble. Way to go Magnaflow! I write this with the knowledge that everyone's opinion is subject to their particular likes and dislikes but for me this was a winner. Installation was a breeze and everything lined up just fine with no issues. Impressive. It seems like the car is breathing better and I can sense a gain in the power especially accelerating. I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas and will have a happy new year. If you are going to be traveling please be careful out there and if you drink alcohol please don't drive and put yourself and others at risk. One death this holiday season will be one too many.:w

The Magna Flow are nice I have a set on mine also.

But I wish they louder at Idel my self, I like them at cruising speeds.

I mite try a set of Corsa next time.

I want a set of Corsa also but for now I dont have to money.

I have corsa pipes ,they are loud and have a fantastic sound. Good price as well:)

With all that cool stuff on your vet i'm not suprised you ain't got any beer tokens ,my wallet took a real hammering this when I got half a tank of petrol (£1.45 a LITRE) soon be cheaper to run cars in the UK on booze:ugh:ugh:ugh

Congrats! I've had Magnaflows on my 88 for the last year and a half and really like them. BTW, if you haven't changed out your catalytic converter I recommend the Magnaflow Hi-flo to complement your new pipes. If you still have the original cat, a new Magnaflo will really make a performance difference. I felt like I had gained 20hp after putting a new one on my vette. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom