Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NEW MEMBER!! 63 "Mako Shark" Custom pictures

63mako

Corvette
1963 Custom SWC
New member. Here are some before pictures. I am doing a complete restoration with many new mods. It is too far gone to go back to stock now so NCRS means "Not Correctly Restored Stingray" in this case! I am about 1/2 way though the restore. The car was originally modified in 1972. I am keeping the "period correct" look. "Before" 327 small base tripower as shown. "After" 500 HP 383 Forged, full roller stroker, AFR heads, W/ new large base tripower and nitrous. Auto Gear 4 Speed, Centerforce dual friction clutch, McLeod Scattershield and Block protector. 411 HD Posi, 3" half shafts W/ safety loops. Southside Machine IRS Traction Bar. Recaro buckets redone in black with red accents and headrest speakers, dash as shown with black humps and red center. Kenwood stereo with kick panel speakers, twin dash speaker, Amp and rear subwoofers. Red carpet, Black and red door panels, New paint Corvette Torch Red with Lexus Black Pearl Stinger Hood with House of Kolor Fireball flake in first 2 clear coats and 3 clear coats over that. Sequential tailights, 4 round Halogen headlights, 58 Corvette Tooth Grill, 8 x 15 Cragar SS wheels with 3 bar spinners and 225 60 15 BFG Radial T/A's in front. 15 x 12 Cragar SS with 3 bar spinners with 295 50 15 BFG Radial T/A's in rear. C3 4 wheel Disc Brakes With Chrome dual master cylinder and red calipers. Energy Suspension Red poly mounts and bushings throughout. VBP fiberglass rear spring, Smart struts, VBP Front and rear sway bars. All new VBP suspension, Baldwin Motion badging, valve covers and stickers. It is as Motion would have done in the early 70's with a few modern comfort and performance features. No air, No PS, NO PB,

Looks great

Thats quite a description of the car you have there. Thanks for shairing.

Its pretty cool the engineering that goes into making it a flip nose.

With all the work you did on the near carb piping with hard lines,I am suprized you have a rubber hose on the fuel supply

Best of luck with the car.

Holy smoke, what a fine vette you have! Great photos.
Welcome to the CAC.

Tammy

Looks great

Thats quite a description of the car you have there. Thanks for shairing.

Its pretty cool the engineering that goes into making it a flip nose.

With all the work you did on the near carb piping with hard lines,I am suprized you have a rubber hose on the fuel supply

Best of luck with the car.
That was the old small base setup. The new one is SS hard piped W/ compression fittings.

I like those NCRS type cars. Bet it will run strong with the 383 my farorite engine. how about some pictures of this set-up
Southside Machine IRS Traction Bar

Geez! NICE car.

Good luck.

Sweet!

That is very nice. I, too, am a big fan of the 383 setup. Works great, lots of torque. Good job-keep up the great work.

Rick
:gap

Welcome to the CAC. I love that car. I still think that they all should have six tail lights. I applaud you for keeping with the period theme of when the car was first modified. I have a lot of fond memories of cars like that.

Take care,
Brian

Very cool Corvette. So many people mix periods and themes. It's nice to see a car done faithfully to one perion in time.

You'll no doubt have those that whine about doing it to that car, the thing is it was done long ago. I think it looks mean and you're keeping up that image with your mods. Enjoy......

You'll no doubt have those that whine about doing it to that car, the thing is it was done long ago. I think it looks mean and you're keeping up that image with your mods. Enjoy......
Oh yeah. I have heard "How could you do that to a split window?" and "What a waste!" But I went on the Bloomington Gold Road Tour a couple years ago. We were in the staging area getting ready to go and there was a NCRS Top Flight 63 SWC red fuelly sitting the next row over and 2 cars behind. My tilt front end was open and there were about 20 people crowded around checking mine out and nobody was looking at the fuelly so there are a lot of people that like the customs.:beer

Saw your twin

Last week, late one night, I saw your twin split window motor off the 395 Bangor, Maine bypass on to alt rt1. It pulled into a gas station on the hill where I got a better look as I flew by. Same malrboro maroon color with a tilt front end, 6 tail lights, flares and side pipes. Sharp looking car. The nose may have had a slight more extension. Probably one of the vintage shark front ends Ecklers used to sell.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom