Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New member from PA

North of Fort Wayne at exit 140 on I-69...Ashley, Home of the smiley Water Tower...good to see more HOOSIERS
John

North of Fort Wayne at exit 140 on I-69...Ashley, Home of the smiley Water Tower...good to see more HOOSIERS
John

John,
I know exactly where you're talking about; I get to Angola quite a bit. My office is in Fort Wayne; I have worked for INdiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) for the last 27 years. Do you work in the area?

Bill :w

I am the Director of Distribution for The Bostwick-Braun Co. which is the warehouse on the southwest side of the Ashley 69 interchange. Been with the company about 30 years...I guess you would call that a "Lifer"...originally from Toledo...The wife wanted one of our bathrooms remodeled, so I bought a Vette instead...great call !!!
Enjoy the ride
(Soon to be homeless) JOHN

Hello all

Bought my first Vette a month ago as a mid-life gift for myself - an 04 mt6 with a soft-top and all the goodies. I've put a thousand miles on it just cruising during nice weather on weekends. The clock now shows 5,600 miles and I'm enjoying it so much, I have no doubt that I'll rack up a bunch more in no time. I also have an 05 GTO with the mt6 so I'm able to park the Vette most of the time to keep it clean and the miles down. The Goat is fun but doesn't compare to the C5 in terms of agility, handling, or the looks I get while driving it. I've already learned a lot from this site - thanks to all who've contributed.

NavyVett99,

Welcome! We're glad you discovered Corvettes and the Corvette Action Center! And I hope we're going to see you at Corvettes at Carlisle next August.:)

Elaine

Welcome aboard!!!!!!

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER Back9

Thanks hoosierdaddy! How near are you to IU (been there a few times on business - I like the wide open road you have in the mid-west!!!)

P.S. -- Nice looking blue rockets you have there!!

Thanks hoosierdaddy! How near are you to IU (been there a few times on business - I like the wide open road you have in the mid-west!!!)

P.S. -- Nice looking blue rockets you have there!!

Getting ready for winter nere Back9, I hate winter, got to store my baby in the garage all covered up, but I guess it's either snow or something else depending on where you live. Life is full of trade offs I guess.

I am about 100 miles norh of Bloomington (Indiana University) I guess. Never been there and I have lived here all my life. I go to Indy quite a bit both pleasure and business, in fact I am spending this week-end there celebrating my wifes birthday.

You get the winter blues too right? I guess the sooner it gets here the quicker it will be gone, trying to think postive the glass is half full instead of half empty.

Take care,

Getting ready for winter nere Back9, I hate winter, got to store my baby in the garage all covered up, but I guess it's either snow or something else depending on where you live. Life is full of trade offs I guess.

I am about 100 miles norh of Bloomington (Indiana University) I guess. Never been there and I have lived here all my life. I go to Indy quite a bit both pleasure and business, in fact I am spending this week-end there celebrating my wifes birthday.

You get the winter blues too right? I guess the sooner it gets here the quicker it will be gone, trying to think postive the glass is half full instead of half empty.

Take care,

Bill,

I lived in Cleveland for 8 years so I know all about winter. Got to the point that I actually enjoyed it because I took a flight to Ft Lauderdale at least once a month to shake oof the snowflakes. There's a place there where you can rent hot cars by the hour or for a day. Great way to shake the winter blues as long as your covered-up baby at home isn't the jealous type.

Regards
Brian

Bill,

I lived in Cleveland for 8 years so I know all about winter. Got to the point that I actually enjoyed it because I took a flight to Ft Lauderdale at least once a month to shake oof the snowflakes. There's a place there where you can rent hot cars by the hour or for a day. Great way to shake the winter blues as long as your covered-up baby at home isn't the jealous type.

Regards
Brian

Sounds like a perfect way to skake the "winter blues" :beer

The wife wanted one of our bathrooms remodeled, so I bought a Vette instead...great call !!! (Soon to be homeless) JOHN
I just couldn't resist :W after I read this again, not only might you soon to be homeless but maybe even "Johnless John" ;LOL

Bill :beer

The "John" is being torn out as we "speak"...I did get her to pay for all of the fixtures...leaves me more money for headers, throttle body, computer chip, etc...anything for the money pit!!!
Thanks for your concern...I guess we both have to put our toys away real soon...Indiana weather you know.
Our CEO owns a sailing yacht that he races...he told me that "BOAT" stands for Break Out Another Thousand...
Does VETTE stand for Very Expensive Toy or what...
Have a great weekend...maybe one last ride before the bad weather hits...
JOHN

Does VETTE stand for Very Expensive Toy or what...
Have a great weekend...maybe one last ride before the bad weather hits...
JOHN

My C-5 is a 2000 and knock on wood as they say, so far it hasn't been anymore exspensive than anything else I've owned, but nothing drives like a Vette. I did have to replace the multi-switch last year and it wasn't cheap but I did it myself and saved a bundle on labor.

Glad to hear you are keeping the wife happy remodling the bathrooms, probably the most exspensive rooms in the house other than maybe the kitchen.

I thought about taking the Vette out today it's pretty nice here but I am not sure I want to detail it out again. It is setting in the garage with the cover on it; but it sure is tempting.

Take care,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom